Sign in to follow this  
ahayford

Relic Knights Lives

We have a new update,

basically somebody in the warehouse lost a whole load of USA pledges down the back of the sofa,

really sorry, don't know how that happened, everybody will pitch in and get them all out by Monday (sorry, sorry, sorry)

(they lost a whole load of pledges down the back of the sofa during the Sedition Wars shipping too if I remember right)

anyhoo, it will all be fixed sharpish

• Like 1

In my opinion, Soda Pop reacted too little, too late to the delays and has been largely silent on the fullfillment train wreck. However, that still seems to be a minority opinion, so chances are the game will pull through. (Unless of course it's dross like Sedition Wars V1, which reports so far don't seem to indicate.)

Got my tracking number today.  Looks like I'll be arriving Wed.

On the other hand, it looks like it'll be tomorrow, or Wed before everything gets shipped out.  Seems like the ones that got missed were among the the more complicated orders. 

Looks like I'm finally painting up some Black Diamond and Noh Empire models (and assorted extras that weren't taken as part of any particular faction build, but simply looked cool).

I feel like an idiot for taking the scaling literally on the "tanks" included with Black Diamond -- based on the mash-up picture showing figures from the faction, I thought it included some APCs to carry the guys, but it turns out they're tiny mini-robot-tanks that couldn't hold anyone.  Oops.  I'm grateful that they included an alternative pilot model for the 'mech who looks like she's actually piloting the thing, versus the "here, let me lounge across the chair and strain myself so I can show you my backside" version.

Anyway, here's how I got the silly idea that the robo-gun (the treaded thing on the left) was going to be a TANK big enough to carry someone:

RK-group-shot-PURPLE.jpg

Silly me.  Also, the "Long Shot" special model ended up being smaller than I'd imagined, though not unreasonably so.

Here's a photo I found on DakkaDakka that shows what the actual "tank" model ended up looking like:

SP_Relic-Knights-1.jpg

Yep.  No way that's a vehicle, unless a trooper hops onto the back and hangs onto some handles while making "vroom! vroom!" noises and pretending to drive it about.

The Noh models are pretty nicely detailed, and there were no disappointments in regards to big models being BIG as expected.  I don't know if I'll ever actually PLAY a game of Relic Knights, but for sure at some point I'll have to run some sort of RPG scenario that features "Space Oni" marauders.  :D  They justify some fairly garish paint jobs (fire red! brass!), compared to the more austere grey-with-purple/blue-highlights look of Black Diamond.

I had some bad experiences with trying to assemble some of the more delicate pewter Relic Knights models (specifically, "Kisa and Scratch") prior to the Kickstarter, but so far the plastics from this project appear to be fitting together reasonably well with a minimum of fuss.

My first task is to get the chibi models painted for my friend Chris Stadler and his 3D "Super Dungeon Explore" layout.  The interest in SDE doesn't seem to have died out yet, and he still gets requests to lug his setup to small local conventions, game meet-ups, and store demos.

I rather like the techno-textured plastic base inserts that were included with the Relic Knights models (although I still like the designs for the bases for "Sedition Wars" better -- and really wish those could be ordered separately).  They could just about be used as decorative bases on their own, but I'm painting them up with the intention of putting them onto the "lipped" bases as designed.  (I'm just painting them BEFORE actually gluing them on, so I can leave the lipped bases in their original unpainted faction color.)

Edited by Jordan Peacock
  • Like 1

Well, that tank is one of the few things I can't hold against them. Imo it was clear from the start it would be a drone tank and i was thinking it might make a nice toy for, say, Shadowrun riggers.

CMoN seems to have some serious systemic issues in their fulfillment dept...which used to be their strong point. They need to take a long hard look at how they run their warehouse.

Why would they? Even despite all the mess CMON made of various things, people rushed the Zombicide 3 KS like lemmings off a cliff. They seem to be kind of like Apple - no matter how badly they f it up, it just won't stick.