Karick-Dar, Apprentice (Sansulves the Bladebound Magus)

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on the black.  It reads to me as dark gray (with the pants being lighter).  I suspect you intended it to look darker, but black is hard.  The spell/force effect on the hand is well-done - I half-expected to see a glowing ball in the side-shots.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments and compliments everyone!

I was thinking of taking a couple of the comments from my WIP thread and applying them to the figure and then re-taking the pictures (such as adding some brown staining from the mud on the base of the column).

The other thing I was thinking of doing was changing out the background. I feel the gray background washes out the blacks/grays of the figure and the column.

Thoughts?

Thanks galladril  ^_^

I'm not sure what will happen either, but I can see what everyone thinks and post up a few different backgrounds to see what is best and go with that as my final product. I have a tan colored and a white. I think I need to go get some blue and black as well or bite the bullet and get some from Hangar18's site.

Dang Ub3r !

Incredible base...

The figure and the basing are fantastic together.

Looks so totally natural !

Congrats !

Thanks Jay!

Great work on the spell effect. Looks very glowy the dark grey/black was also well done. I would have centered him on the base but that's just my opinion. Very good job!

Thank you! I didn't want to center him on the base as I felt it was more dynamic to put him on the column overlooking the road and kind of scouting ahead, plus it gives a better look of the old road as another point of interest. I do appreciate your comments and take all advice/critiques seriously. 

That base did turn out fantastic.  The spell effect is really working, too.  He is very "Vader's apprentice."

I think you are getting a grey on grey on grey thing happening and changing the background is a good idea.

Yeah, I was thinking a weapon swap would make him look an awful lot like the Sith apprentices from KOTOR.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.