Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

I need some help.... Feel free to PM retail sites...

I need to get a base for my 75mm female black sun orc.

I don't want a plinth, just a easy base similar to secret weapon stuff. Only SW tends to have stuff on them that is in scale so it would look odd on a 75mm mini.

She looks like she would be hanging out in a more rustic setting if anyone knows of any good resources. Thanks!

Micro Art Studio has some nice large bases, I don't know of any US-based sites that sell their stuff though.

frpgames + allot of time they are clearance. Goof stuff!!

• Like 2

FeR Miniatures (Facebook page) is doing a "miniatures day" in 3 days if anyone is interested in grabbing some awesome European figures and busts at a really good price.

• Like 1

Arena Rex new releases, Hroka and Caho-Ta (with riding Hroka). Umm yeah, savage Indian riding a palomino? YES, PLEASE!

NSFW:

• Like 2

Looking online I'm thinking I'm going to have to take Hermans suggestion and get a base and green stuff anything that looks out of proportion.

Maybe if I part build a base it won't be so bad....

I have a base that will be perfect for what I want to do with the other black sun mini... Just not my this one

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 2

My Black Sun shipment has been procured. Man, they have some really nice casts. And the Romain VDB busts are sooo nice. Amazing level of detail, especially in the skin.

• Like 1

Scorched Metal.

Scorched Metal is good stuff...

*sighs and adds to the cart*

Scorched Metal and Coppery Orange work well together...

Made an order from Miniature Market. Got : 20mm bases, 30mm bases, zapagap thin ca, hobby round medium basing grit, winter/dead static grass, marsh blend static grass, and snow. time to attempt basing.

Have you heard about our Box of Goodwill? There's also a separate basing-focused Box as well...

New rounds for both of them should be starting in a couple of months...

• Like 4

My Reaper order came in and I'm pumped. Even though Reaper is only a few hours away the package managed to end up in chicago of all places. But got here safe! 

77024: Goblins (6) 
77176: Familiars  
50024: Candy, Anime Heroine  
77048: Mocking Beast  
77273: Dragon Hatchling Black 
77265: Drys, Dryad  
77266: Glitterwing, Sylph  
77277: Mab Grindylow  
77289: Mousling Ranger and Yeoman 
77290: Mousling Druid and Beekeeper  
77370: Troll Slayer Sophie  
50084: Brigitte, Naughty French Maid  

Now can anyone help with the metal figures? They look like they might need assembly. What do you use for sticking things D: Will thin CA work?

• Like 2

KD Post-GenCon Devastation

2x Sci-fi Flower Knight

Sci-fi White Speaker

Butcher t-shirt (L)

4x 8x10 prints (one of each)

White hard plastic box

- Allison the Twilight Knight

- Before the Wall

- Beyond the Wall

- Fade

- Percival

- Pinup Order Knight

- Pinup Sci-fi Twilight Knight*

- Pinup Warrior of the Sun

- Sci-fi White Speaker

- White Speaker

Hmm. That means I have a third Sci-fi TK...

• Like 4

Wow a KD realease that I don't want anything from. What is going on... And I just got paid!

I'm pretty "meh" about them too. But I'm not digging KD as much as I used to, I've got other "crushes" on different miniatures right now. My tastes change every now and then. I still need to paint up some of my KD that I have on hand too.

• Like 2

Wow a KD realease that I don't want anything from. What is going on... And I just got paid!

I'm pretty "meh" about them too. But I'm not digging KD as much as I used to, I've got other "crushes" on different miniatures right now. My tastes change every now and then. I still need to paint up some of my KD that I have on hand too.

I might want something from it but I need to check my list of what I already own at home to be sure.

Mostly I hope for KD to re-release something I want than for them to release something new.

• Like 1

KD is still my jam, and getting hard plastic versions of stuff I have in resin means I'm 100% more likely to paint it! Plus, game content. I also love that he's dipping into Sci-fi some more.

• Like 1

I still love KD, but I don't like scifi and I feel like some of their stuff looks too much like sculpts I already have so it isn't a must buy.

• Like 1

yeah.. I was hoping the sci-fi flower knight would knock my socks off but I like the concept art a lot more than the execution of the sculpt.. the pin up order knight is tempting though

• Like 1