Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

Some of the KD armour kits from their 'Monster' game are of a standard proportion. Some are a bit fiddly to put together but they look great

• Like 2

Can't like. It's Sigmar. Although maybe I should like, because without it I would be trying to afford GW minis to play WHFB rather than buying Mantic and all sorts of others to play KoW. It's a conundrum.

I have heard that the new head at GW has backpedaled pretty hard away from it in its original form, adding point values and trying to introduce some form of balance to the game. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a new edition(or a rollback to WHFB with Sigmar bits added in) come out within the next year or two. I know my FLGS has said that they're having such a hard time selling any of the Sigmar stuff that their stock is still 90% launch inventory, and they've got no plans to order any more despite GW's constant pestering. Maybe we'll get lucky and the new guy will start bringing prices down and step away from the "It's better to sell one model for $1000 than it is to sell 100 for $10" way of thinking.

Yes GW released the Generals Handbook which has points values and rules for using them for almost every unit.

It has raised the popularity of Age of Sigmar drastically.

My local store actually had to restock some of their old Warhammer Fanatasy stuff because of interest in Age of Sigmar.

The store had a large stock of Tomb Kings someone ordered and never picked up that I had been slowely buying because I wanted the models.

I tried Age of Sigmar with them since I already had them and it is fun but definately less complicated than 40K (never played Fantasy).

It is fun and a lot more accesible than other tabletop army battle/skirmish games.

It would be a good way to introduce someone to these types of games instead of throwing them into the deep end with 40K.

The fluff is still mostly lame and no one around here really follows it much beyond reading summaries on the Internet.

They realllllly spend to much of their time and art budget on the Stormcast Eternals (aka Sigmarines) and Khornite Warriors of Chaos.

Edited by arclance

Can't like. It's Sigmar. Although maybe I should like, because without it I would be trying to afford GW minis to play WHFB rather than buying Mantic and all sorts of others to play KoW. It's a conundrum.

I have heard that the new head at GW has backpedaled pretty hard away from it in its original form, adding point values and trying to introduce some form of balance to the game. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a new edition(or a rollback to WHFB with Sigmar bits added in) come out within the next year or two. I know my FLGS has said that they're having such a hard time selling any of the Sigmar stuff that their stock is still 90% launch inventory, and they've got no plans to order any more despite GW's constant pestering. Maybe we'll get lucky and the new guy will start bringing prices down and step away from the "It's better to sell one model for $1000 than it is to sell 100 for $10" way of thinking.

Yes GW released the Generals Handbook which has points values and rules for using them for almost every unit.

It has raised the popularity of Age of Sigmar drastically.

My local store actually had to restock some of their old Warhammer Fanatasy stuff because of interest in Age of Sigmar.

The store had a large stock of Tomb Kings someone ordered and never picked up that I had been slowely buying because I wanted the models.

I tried Age of Sigmar with them since I already had them and it is fun but definately less complicated than 40K (never played Fantasy).

It is fun and a lot more accesible than other tabletop army battle/skirmish games.

It would be a good way to introduce someone to these types of games instead of throwing them into the deep end with 40K.

The fluff is still mostly lame and no one around here really follows it much beyond reading summaries on the Internet.

They realllllly spend to much of their time and art budget on the Stormcast Eternals (aka Sigmarines) and Khornite Warriors of Chaos.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! :devil: AND ALL THE MONEY TO GW!!

• Like 5

Lots of packages in the post box...

40x #0 and 40x #2 cheap nylon brushes. Because they were cheap... And because I figure that they're good for priming and such.

Still no plans for the Kaladrax challenge.

A tool for pulling out small dents in car panels...

A big bag of TZ-tape copies because they're about 1/3 the price of the real stuff...

And a package from The World of Green stuff, which contained a roller, a pack of ball-ended shaping tools, and 3 5packs of 0.5mm brass rods.

There should have been another package, with a bunch of green, watertight boxes, which I had planned to use for Geocaches, but when I took the collection note to the local post office, there was no package there(yet).

Last tracking message is 'attempted delivery' and that was on the 15th...

Incidentally, I just got an email from Tin Man minis, and the Martians I ordered on the 6th was posted yesterday.

I'll assume that it was delayed because he was swamped with orders.

• Like 3

Presenting the monument to my deep seated masochism:

IMG_20160817_145832_zpsftjhz299.jpg

A 1976 Triumph TR6.  To be delivered tomorrow.  Anyone who has owned a British car will understand my joy and anguish . . .

The Egg

• Like 12

A 1976 Triumph TR6.  To be delivered tomorrow.  Anyone who has owned a British car will understand my joy and anguish . . .

The Egg

British cars, like British men, are the best in the world  :;):

Congrats on a fine purchase

These feel sort of a let down after a car, but today I had a lucky find on Ebay, some Rackham elves

cynwllasadars2_copy.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you, kind sir.  I owned a 1974 that was the same colour and affectionately named "Buzzbomb" just over 20 years ago - so I'm on a real nostalgia trip with the purchase of "Buzzbomb II". 

And if British men are built with the same robustness and longevity to be found in a British car's electrical system, you have my deepest sympathies . . .

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 6

British cars, like British men, are the best in the world :;):

Thank you, kind sir. I owned a 1974 that was the same colour and affectionately named "Buzzbomb" just over 20 years ago - so I'm on a real nostalgia trip with the purchase of "Buzzbomb II".

And if British men are built with the same robustness and longevity to be found in a British car's electrical system, you have my deepest sympathies . . .

The Egg

They're fine unless you let out the magic smoke. Then you're screwed.

• Like 3

The Egg

These feel sort of a let down after a car, but today I had a lucky find on Ebay, some Rackham elves

cynwllasadars2_copy.jpg

A Brit? Liking French stuff?

Wow! Miracles DO happen :devil:

• Like 4

Just placed a order with Reaper:

02638: Adventuring Accessories $9.99 x1
14261: Crusader Weapons (15) $8.99 x1
03433: Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer $4.99 x1
14332: Mack Hardwick, Mercenaries Captain $4.99 x1
09429: Rich Leather $3.29 x1
09454: Shining Mithril $3.29 x1
09411: Wilderness Green $3.29 x1

All for my RCon games. Adventuring Acc has 3 bits (lantern, book & frying pan) that will find immediate usage. Crusader Weapons has a couple swords that I need for swaps. Apparently I can't find either Corim or Mack so I needed to order those again. Corim will be a 5e pregen & Mack will stand in for one of the encounters in WBG4. Oddly his weapon will go to Guffy in WBG2 (why I didn't notice that one before....) & the paints are paints I just wanted.

Fun stuff!!

• Like 6

So today I ordered the Time Robbers from Northumbrian Tin Soldier, as my belated tribute to Kenny Baker. And I picked up a Jedi holocron. Not because I want it, but because I have a student it will slowly drive mad.

Hee.

• Like 5