Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

I finally said the heck with it and went out and bought that copy of Warhammer Quest that's been itching at me. It was kind of expensive at fifty bucks, but the figures alone make it worth it.

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally said the heck with it and went out and bought that copy of Warhammer Quest that's been itching at me. It was kind of expensive at fifty bucks, but the figures alone make it worth it.

Argh!! Congratulations, but I also kinda hate you at the same time. Where'd you manage to grab that deal? Do they have more?

(j/k about the hate thing; you're cool in my book.)

• Like 3

Sad kitten eyes and some persuasion on the money-holder (aka wife), and a short trip downtown into the modellers/airbrush shop, I got home with this:

IMG_20140730_205915_227.jpg

So now I have TWO airbrushes!

A couple weeks ago I got this baby home too... but I didn't get to keep it  :;):

IMG_20140718_162832_051.jpg

• Like 7

I visited what I consider my "home" gaming store, back in my home state, last weekend. They're a Reaper distributor or whatnot, carry a ton of stuff. I was in Heaven. I kept it fairly clean, though, and mostly just hit their half-off rack. Still, got a ton of stuff. I'll spare the list save for my personal fave: The 2011 Christmas ornament. My Christmas tree will be rockin', this year. ^_^

• Like 6

Picked up my first Games Workshop product in ages today.... and it wasn't even a miniature!  It was something I've never seen before, Warhammer Visions 04. A digest sized magazine FULL of pictures. Not White Dwarf, so no battle reports or commentary, just oodles of pics. Normally $12 but 75% off, so $3! 

I'm not even going to mention what else I hauled away at 75% off....

• Like 6

Picked up my first Games Workshop product in ages today.... and it wasn't even a miniature! It was something I've never seen before, Warhammer Visions 04. A digest sized magazine FULL of pictures. Not White Dwarf, so no battle reports or commentary, just oodles of pics. Normally $12 but 75% off, so $3!

I'm not even going to mention what else I hauled away at 75% off....

No holding back! FULL report Agent Estrus.

• Like 2

Well ok. The closing game store I mentioned (Bridgetown Hobbies) prior is now at 75% off. 

I snagged a basket full of Reaper. Mostly Warlord (Bloodstone Gnomes) but some Pathfinder as well.

Horned Hunter, Paintenders, Lupine Sentry, etc... all 75% off!

PLUS: 2 of the Reaper "premium" figs- Jonas Kane and Dragoth the Defiler, normally $25, for under 7 dollars!

Bonus: a smattering of random Warmahordes, Wyrd, and an unfamiliar companies' blister of zombies.

They are closed for good Sunday but there won't be anything left!

• Like 7

50 bucks????!!!!!! you got a deal.  A complete copy of that game in crap shape goes for hundreds.

...you mean I can't just go out and buy the Dwarf Slayer expansion whenever I want?

Great haul Agent Estrus. Was quite fortunate for you, but at the same time I feel bad that the game store is going under.

Indeed. The fall of a good game store is a tragedy, and I've seen too many good ones go under.

• Like 3