Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High magnification and good brushes - and lots of swearing, lol. That's how you paint anything.

Walking out of Stop & Shop today I saw a table full of books, cds and dvds. Apparently, it was stuff donated to help this thing they were doing with the Jimmy Fund. In order to get a book/movie/cd you had to buy three scratch tickets - tickets were a dollar each and the money went to the Jimmy Fund.

I'm always up for $3 movies, books or music, so I dug around a bit to see if there was anything interesting. And definitely found a dvd I needed to have.

I scratched off my tickets and won a free yogurt (normally 69 cents), which wasn't too bad.

I also got Tom Hank's Mazes and Monsters on dvd. That was awesome... ::D: ::D: ::D:

So I got a hard-to-find movie on dvd and a free yogurt. Not too bad for $3.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

So today I went to Edinburgh to meet up and paint with Damenace and Cassu.  As usual for me and paint days, I did not leave empty handed.

DSCF0594.JPG

That's a Ral Partha Severyan Winged Dragoon (intended to represent my Cavalier in haldir's Giantslayer PbP) and an Anima Tactics Genma.

I also went to Forbidden Planet for Freee Comic Day and walked away with 5 titles:

DSCF0591.JPG

While I was ther I picked up the Legends of Red Sonja book and even got one of the artists to sign it for me.  Thanks Cassu!

DSCF0593.JPG

• Like 11

::o:

Lucky.

Latest haul:

• 03608: Aquatic Familiars II
  • 60134: Isabella Locke
  • 02476: Lorna The Huntress
  • 03682: Willow Greenivy, Witch
  • 50307: Mr Grimm
  • 03559: Zala Natar, Huntress

And from Reapercon (I think I manged this much. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ub3r.):

• Bob Ridolfi's Barbarella
  • 02948: Familiar Pack VII
  • 03578: Familiar Pack XI
  • 03612: Aquatic Familiars III

EDIT: Forgot to mention my Hasslefree order:

• HFH015 Gayle
  • HFH025 Nubian female with spear
  • HFH068 Boudi (metal)
  • HFE006 Shimmer (b)

Boudi is my most likely candidate for Diana the Acrobat.

• Like 2

Barbarella:

IMG_7685.jpg

Also forgot to mention that I ordered an Arcadia:

41F-gwoUeAL._SY400_.jpg

...which won't be here until next month.

And from FRP Games: Privateer Press' The Devil's Shadow Mutineers and Bombshell Babes Delzira - Demon Princess.

• Like 6

Just ordered the following:

02097: Ivan Von Helstein
02095: Angel Of Mercy
02093: Van Storme
02092: St. Tarkus, Dire Dead
02090: The Deathmistress
02088: Argus Stronghoof
02086: Faramere Of Vestonia
02085: Magda Mintsilver
02082: King Angus Stormhand

02080: Golgoth The Ancient
01557: 2015 ReaperCon Sophie
01558: 2015 Convention Mousling

That leaves me with just 33 blisters missing from a complete run from #2000-3000 in my Dark Heaven collection.

The Egg 

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 1

Barbarella:

Ah... I can live without that one. it kind of sounded like it was a lot closer to the actual Barbarella than just a generic space opera chick.

I imagine that's as close as Reaper will get for some time.