Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I did fail my WILL save when I saw Morland Studios' newsletter featuring Myerasalome, Queen of Havoc (in 32mm, 54mm, and necklaces) that popped up a little bit ago and ended up ordering:

Myerasalome, Queen of Havoc 32mm

Tarika, Adventuress

Kreimheld's Revenge Set 32mm

Queen of Havoc could be one of my characters except for 1 minor detail... The skull. It does not fit that character at all. The rest would be just about right though

I would be tempted to turn Kreimheld's Revenge into a diorama though.

The skull in the headdress?

ETA: The skull could be covered with a tiny bit of green stuff easily and converted to a gem. :D

Yeah, Kreimheld is amazing. I've seen her done by a few amazing artists and have wanted her for a while. She'll be in a vignette or diorama for me too.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

I am tempted. The character is actually an NPC who enjoys playing games. She has to be an NPC as she is the goddess of winter and adores playing the temptress. Just don't tick her off or yu might end up with a very long and cold winter

• Like 3

I am tempted. The character is actually an NPC who enjoys playing games. She has to be an NPC as she is the goddess of winter and adores playing the temptress. Just don't tick her off or yu might end up with a very long and cold winter

I think she was $9.99 + shipping. I spent less than $40 for the 3 figures with the shipping.

• Like 2

@ Willen  I can take a pic when i get home tonight. The cat decided I would not get to be near my desk to post pictures. I also have a mini I toyed around airbrushing that i ahve to post in WIP tonight as well.

I hate it when the cat sits on your computer chair and you are so pathectic you just let him have the chair.

• Like 5

My compressor was around $140-150? I got it on sale years ago, it's a Iwata silver jet, It is normally used for beauty shops since it is small. For just painting minis it is fine since I don't need high psi

The new airbrush seems pretty decent for $30. It is the "master" put out by global tcp. No it isn't as nice as my Iwata, but it is much better than I expected for $30. I am sure with some playing around I could get it to improve a bit.

• Like 2

@Dilvish - I have Michael's and Hoby Lobby here, no AC Moore (at least I don't think so as I've never heard of it before this).

Also, just to enable, just got an email newsletter that Fantization is running a Memorial Day weekend sale for 20% of site wide w/o coupon code. Starts today 05/20/15 and ends on 05/26/15 at 8am PST.

• Like 3

My Reaper order came today! :bday:

It contains:

- [REDACTED] for Summer figure exchange

- 50309 Coraline Thaddington (been wanting her for awhile, and then when I found out that she was sculpted by Talespinner, I couldn't say no! :wub:)

- 02700 Tox

- 60130 Diabolist

- P01419D Hat

- P30005D Hat

- 60135 Arcanamirim Wizard

- 09064 Brown Liner

- 09103 Emerald Green (it's shiny! :wub:)

Aaaaand I got a Sophie Silver sample paint! :bday: Hmm, I wonder who the lucky recipient of this will be.... :devil:

Also today, I got my Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box video game! ...Oh dear, this was not good timing. *looks back and forth between game and exchange figure several times* :unsure:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You ordered hats! Awesome! What are you planning OneBoot?

• Like 4

@Dilvish - I have Michael's and Hoby Lobby here, no AC Moore (at least I don't think so as I've never heard of it before this).

Also, just to enable, just got an email newsletter that Fantization is running a Memorial Day weekend sale for 20% of site wide w/o coupon code. Starts today 05/20/15 and ends on 05/26/15 at 8am PST.

Last I checked, Hobby Lobby has Iwata airbrush starter kits for around $100, and they do accept the 40% coupons on those. Makes them pretty affordable.

Oh dear. Just looked and it seems they've gone up quite a bit since I got mine. Looking at $210 before the coupon. Puts them at $126 plus tax. Not as affordable as I thought.

They've got an Iwata CN for $80, tho.

I'll just wander off now.

• Like 6

Just got my ReaperCon Swag.

• Figure Case (Very Awesome. Gift)
  • Two Ribbons (Excahnge and the STOMP!)
  • 2015 Mouseling
  • 2015 Sophie
  • DSM Elf Goddess
  • Hall of Fame (Medusa)
  • Spring Green
  • Clockwork Brass
  • Frontier Blue
  • Splintered Bone (replacing a lost one. Gift)
  • Sky Steel
  • Breast Cancer Awareness Pink (Gift)
  • Big Top Red
  • Briar Rose
  • Bright Silver
  • Shadow Silver
  • Nightmare Black (Gift)
  • Pirate Gold
  • Sophie SIlver
  • Ginger Cookie (Gift)
  • Rich Green
  • Aquamarine Blue
  • Some Green Stuff (Have to get get stored and pray I think)
  • Realistic Water (A very small amount)

(oh and some Not-TARDIS sprinkles)

• Like 6