Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

So, I blame all of you that I went out and bought an airbrush and compressor from Michael's last night.

Guess I should buy a mask too, before I play too much with it?

As I said above, for the price of 2-3 minis, why risk your lungs which you cannot replace?

You will understand when something like window cleaner gets in your nose and you can't stop sneezing, or get a sore throat.

Woah! Put the fear of God in us! I found what you recommended on Amazon. I need to get one for spray painting anyway. I almost passed out last evening priming my Summer Exchange miniature.

• Like 3

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I blame all of you that I went out and bought an airbrush and compressor from Michael's last night.

Ub3r! You enabler!!

Whaaaat?? I didn't do it THIS time, it was the others who have and love airbrushes, they are trying hard to get me to buy one too!

• Like 5

Ub3r! You enabler!!

Whaaaat?? I didn't do it THIS time, it was the others who have and love airbrushes, they are trying hard to get me to buy one too!

You really should.  Even if it's just for priming and basecoating.  Even with all the issues I had last night I managed to prime and basecoat a mini in twenty minutes, and that's with all the screwy pressure I had coming.  Once I get it properly set up, I might actually start making a dent in my shelf.

• Like 2

Guess I should buy a mask too, before I play too much with it?

As I said above, for the price of 2-3 minis, why risk your lungs which you cannot replace?

You will understand when something like window cleaner gets in your nose and you can't stop sneezing, or get a sore throat.

Woah! Put the fear of God in us! I found what you recommended on Amazon. I need to get one for spray painting anyway. I almost passed out last evening priming my Summer Exchange miniature.

Not intention to put fear in you TBH, fear is baaaaaaad. But being safe, is good.

• Like 5

MM, I've got the cheap airbrush compressor from Harbor Freight, and I can talk over it in a normal voice while it's running.

Ub3r, I plan on priming/washing 28 Bones figures tonight or tomorrow in Brown Liner. Probably will take a half hour. Maybe.

Buy one. Join us. You know you want it. It's all good. And shiney. Airbrushes shiney. Shiney equals love. Love is caffeine. Therefore, airbrushing is like drinking the best coffee you can have.

Not buying one makes the airbrushed sad. It was going to be YOUR airbrush, it just knew it deep down in its little shiney heart. You wouldn't want the airbrush to be sad right?***

***My kids hate this when I do it to them in a store when they are trying to decide which toy to buy and I have a favorite. They've got too much of me in them. I didn't throw away old broken toys as a child, they just retired to the old toys home on the top shelf. They would be sad if they got used up and thrown away.

• Like 8

Ub3r! You enabler!!

I'll accept the blame for that... Enjoy it!

• Like 2

MM, I've got the cheap airbrush compressor from Harbor Freight, and I can talk over it in a normal voice while it's running.

Ub3r, I plan on priming/washing 28 Bones figures tonight or tomorrow in Brown Liner. Probably will take a half hour. Maybe.

Buy one. Join us. You know you want it. It's all good. And shiney. Airbrushes shiney. Shiney equals love. Love is caffeine. Therefore, airbrushing is like drinking the best coffee you can have.

Not buying one makes the airbrushed sad. It was going to be YOUR airbrush, it just knew it deep down in its little shiney heart. You wouldn't want the airbrush to be sad right?***

***My kids hate this when I do it to them in a store when they are trying to decide which toy to buy and I have a favorite. They've got too much of me in them. I didn't throw away old broken toys as a child, they just retired to the old toys home on the top shelf. They would be sad if they got used up and thrown away.

This made me think of this from Parks and Rec

il_570xN.676399124_fglx.jpg

• Like 4

New purchase this morning... all Willen's fault from his talking to Siri in her WIP thread... "UHU Glue" it's very good for blood/goo/gore effects and spider webs in our hobby. 

So, thank you very much, Willen.  <_<

• Like 5

New purchase this morning... all Willen's fault from his talking to Siri in her WIP thread... "UHU Glue" it's very good for blood/goo/gore effects and spider webs in our hobby. 

Where did you find the right stuff?  do you know its the right stuff?

Amazon, coming from Thailand. It was around $8 (w/ Free Shipping) for 2 20mL tubes. It'll take about a month to get to me, so we'll find out if it's the right stuff or not.

It's as low as around $4 per tube w/ Free shipping from a bunch of Thai sellers.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

Amazon, coming from Thailand. It was around $8 (w/ Free Shipping) for 2 20mL tubes. It'll take about a month to get to me, so we'll find out if it's the right stuff or not.

It's as low as around $4 per tube w/ Free shipping from a bunch of Thai sellers.

keep me posted.  The bottle I got from a european friend is dead and I need more. 

• Like 1

I can take a pic of my own tube later tonight so you can see if its similar. I actually believe we make it in south america as well; I don't know the problems of actually shipping the stuff, but I can probably send some if in need.

Edit: This is what we have here:

1934-0.jpg

It is about 4 USD per 125ml tube.

Edited by Willen
  • Like 5