Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently, this stuff is available in the states but they change the bottle and label.  The bottle I got looks just like that one. 

Not sure where it is available here or what the bottle/label look like. So if someone does know, I hope they can give more information.

ETA:

From someone at UHU about N. America selling the stuff:

"The green on UHU packaging designates a solvent free formula and the black designates a solvent based formula, this is for our liquid formula products. That said we are not marketing solvent based liquid formula products in North America. When we launch a new product or introduce to North America a product previously not sold we do so in the green or solvent free version. Europe has a greater demand or perhaps understanding of solvent based glues which is why they seem to be more readily available in that market."

ETA 2: Chatter on various forums suggest "E6000® Craft Adhesive, Clear" as an alternative in the US. (link to pic)

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

Going to try that E6000 stuff.  I have a michaels near work..... I also have a harbor freight and I may try out that cheap airbrush.......

It's like $3 on amazon with prime free shipping. If anywhere close to $3 at Michaels, you can get it for less than $2 with their 40% off coupon.

• Like 2

E6000, which I do not own but have stuff that has been glued with it, reminds me of a clearer hot glue gun glue. It looks like ooze when dry.

I may have to grab some next time I am at the craft store, never thought about using it for minis. It also can be peeled off plastic with some work if needed.

It is commonly used by many crafters to glue plastics to plastics. Or plastic to metal for hair stuff or jewlery.

• Like 3

E6000, which I do not own but have stuff that has been glued with it, reminds me of a clearer hot glue gun glue. It looks like ooze when dry.

I may have to grab some next time I am at the craft store, never thought about using it for minis. It also can be peeled off plastic with some work if needed.

It is commonly used by many crafters to glue plastics to plastics. Or plastic to metal for hair stuff or jewlery.

Might be right then, this stuff is goo-y and not liquid. More like contact cement actually.

Main issue with it working or not, I believe is the ability to pull into strands while being still gel-like in consistency.

• Like 3

I may just ask for a nice complete airbrush set-up for Xmas. 

You'll need it before then to spray crackle medium through it to get all of the spider webs on your Hall of Champions diorama.

When I saw Les Bursley show how to do that I was amazed. I still haven't tried it since I don't make involved bases or dioramas.

• Like 2

You'll need it before then to spray crackle medium through it to get all of the spider webs on your Hall of Champions diorama.

That's what the Uhu glue is going to be for, I saw this tutorial from 5th Dimension using it to make webbing w/o an airbrush. I'm still a ways away from finishing it so the glue should be about on time for when I need it to do the Companions diorama and other things.

ETA: David Powell (bailey03 on the forum) used this same method for this wonderful piece on his blog.

Another video for uhu glue:

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

That's what the Uhu glue is going to be for, I saw this tutorial from 5th Dimension using it to make webbing w/o an airbrush. I'm still a ways away from finishing it so the glue should be about on time for when I need it to do the Companions diorama and other things.

ETA: David Powell (bailey03 on the forum) used this same method for this wonderful piece on his blog.

Good googly moogly that is an awesome spider and halfling. WOW. If you can add that level of webbing to yours Ub3r, you should! "Taken it to the next level!"

• Like 2