Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

Siri dragon had a broken wing claw.  *cry*

Thankfully, superglue fixed it.  Just a tiny line visible now.

Ugh, that sucks! At least it was fixable. Those dang gorillas handling our parcels really get me upset sometimes. They don't care how they handle stuff and what they break in the process.

• Like 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as it turns out, my Ax Faction order was wrong. I ordered the Giant Hunter, the Troll Hunter, and Jack the Hack.

I received the Giant Hunter, the Druid's Daughter, and Jack the Hack. With the art cards for the Giant Hunter, the Troll Hunter, and Jack the Hack.

After speaking with Ax Faction, not only are they going to send me the art card for the Druid's Daughter (as I requested, since it was queued up for my next ax faction order anyway, and is more expensive than the Troll Hunter), they are also going to send me a Troll Hunter. So I got the Druid's Daughter for free. She's like a £22.50 mini.

Wow.

Also, got my Basius (Homestead, Plaguelands, and Victoriana) from ub3r, and am going to play extensively with them this weekend to work all the bugs out.

• Like 7

And on schedule to be delivered tomorrow is 72 pounds of cardboard from Battle Systems Fantasy dungeon Terrain Kickstarter.

:blink:

Having worked in shipping and warehousing I know cardboard gets really heavy really quickly, but that's still a whole lotta stuff...

• Like 3

And on schedule to be delivered tomorrow is 72 pounds of cardboard from Battle Systems Fantasy dungeon Terrain Kickstarter.

:blink:

Having worked in shipping and warehousing I know cardboard gets really heavy really quickly, but that's still a whole lotta stuff...

Well, UPS says it weighs 72 pounds.

I'm curious to see how big it is, actually.  I'll take a picture.

• Like 3

Especially since it had a fragile sticker and somewhere in the realm of six feet of bubblewrap and peanuts.

I once read that it's better NOT to put a fragile sticker on it, instead put a sticker DANGEROUS CONTENT or BIOHAZARD on it. They will handle that with care :devil:

• Like 3

Especially since it had a fragile sticker and somewhere in the realm of six feet of bubblewrap and peanuts.

I once read that it's better NOT to put a fragile sticker on it, instead put a sticker DANGEROUS CONTENT or BIOHAZARD on it. They will handle that with care :devil:

Honestly, I don't put notices of any type.  One among many tends to get ignored.  Call out anything about it and it's going to get a second look for whatever reason.

• Like 3

the fragile sticker is the problem.  rumor has it that the USPS, airlines, and so forth will intentionally abuse packages with fragile stickers, something about not liking being told how to do their jobs. 

• Like 4

Yesterday:

My GenCon ninja shipped out my KD figures, I went in for two of her. That'll arrive next week probably. 

Today:

Woot! My CMON order is in my mailbox, now I wanna go home and tear it open like a kid on Xmas morning! 

Got notice that my Norsgard kickstarter pledge shipped (I went pretty much all-in), so that'll be to me in a week or two coming from Europe. 

Also received notice from Fantization that my Vagabond shipped out and will be in my hands soon (probably Monday)

Monday:

My FRP order will arrive.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4

Not exactly an acquisition per se, but the Lightsail Project emailed me today to find out which names (plural) I wanted sent into outer space... :blink:

So of course I put down my name, my brother, my parents, my painting apprentice/rent-a-kid...

...And a forumite who recently did something nice for me. (She knows who she is.) ::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5