Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

So my FRP order is "expected" to arrive today.  Where is it?  Still on the other side of the country, apparently:

August 26, 2015 , 8:55 pm  - Processing Exception

The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 8:55 pm on August 26, 2015 in SAN JOSE, CA 95101. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.

Seriously?  That was over two days ago!  Can't they get their bleep together and at least update the bleeping tracking?

Oh well.  Mail will be here in a few hours.  Maybe it slipped through...

EDIT:  In the large number of packages I've had mailed to me, I've never seen this error.  Has anyone else received it?  If so, what turned out to be the problem?

Edited by epimys
  • Like 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my FRP order is "expected" to arrive today.  Where is it?  Still on the other side of the country, apparently:

August 26, 2015 , 8:55 pm  - Processing Exception

The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 8:55 pm on August 26, 2015 in SAN JOSE, CA 95101. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.

Seriously?  That was over two days ago!  Can't they get their bleep together and at least update the bleeping tracking?

Oh well.  Mail will be here in a few hours.  Maybe it slipped through...

EDIT:  In the large number of packages I've had mailed to me, I've never seen this error.  Has anyone else received it?  If so, what turned out to be the problem?

I have had packages get that 'processing exception' before, but I never did find out what it means, exactly. The packages have always arrived, just late. Probably mis-sorted or something.
  • Like 3

Got in my wee Arena Rex order, didn't realize it was a 54mm game, nice bonus! And holy carp are these minis nice. Wish so hard I had backed the KS for the whole line.

The medusa is knocking on the door for my favorite mini. The Chaudon beast is simply bananas.

• Like 4

Got in my wee Arena Rex order, didn't realize it was a 54mm game, nice bonus! And holy carp are these minis nice. Wish so hard I had backed the KS for the whole line.

The medusa is knocking on the door for my favorite mini. The Chaudon beast is simply bananas.

/EXTREMELY jealous

• Like 4

Crap they are 54mm?!?!? I was looking at them telling myself I don't need to know about another cool mini company. Dammit Cash. Maybe my birthday present to myself will be some of them and Hasslefree. Ugh. 

• Like 4

Crap they are 54mm?!?!? I was looking at them telling myself I don't need to know about another cool mini company. Dammit Cash. Maybe my birthday present to myself will be some of them and Hasslefree. Ugh. 

Yeah, 54mm makes paying the price more palatable as they are $20+ easily.

• Like 2

Ooo.

"The Art of Blizzard Entertainment," coffee table art book, hardback, retails for $75.00

Found one at Barnes and Noble today for $20.

Moo hoo ha ha.

Evil Cow Laugh indeed. Nice.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

Ooo.

"The Art of Blizzard Entertainment," coffee table art book, hardback, retails for $75.00

Moo hoo ha ha.

Saw those at the local con we attended. Tried to get the wife to get one (she's huge into WoW), but she shied off. Possible Christmas present if I can find them later at the price Was a nice looking book, by appearances.

• Like 1

Ooo.

Moo hoo ha ha.

Saw those at the local con we attended. Tried to get the wife to get one (she's huge into WoW), but she shied off. Possible Christmas present if I can find them later at the price Was a nice looking book, by appearances.

It's a stunning book, with extensive commentary by the artists. I've bought all the Warcraft artbooks, and there is some duplication, but there's enough new and unreprinted stuff to make it worthwhile as an art resource alone.

And then the Warcraft part ends... and we get into the art of Starcraft.... and Diablo... and several games what weren't released at all.

For $75, it's just more than I wanted to pay. For twenty bucks, though, it's a fantastic deal.

• Like 3

I hate pinning. With a passion. It's awful, miserable, cramp-inducing work. After one particularly unfortunate sequence I thought, "Is it the bits? These look like awful drill bits..."

I have acquired a 10-pack of industrial tungsten carbide drill bits in .6, .7, .8, .9, and 1.0 mm designations. They totally do not fit in any drilling appliance I own but just spinning them with my hand, they are glorious. The mini I spent a half hour trying, unsuccessfully, to pin is now pinned after about 5 minutes of work. Wow!

• Like 6