Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On recent trips to the Citadel, I've acquired the Dead Man's Chest from Reaper, an old Ral Partha Bob Olley rat swarm, and a Foundry Miniatures 4-mini "sample pack" from "upcoming lines" dated copyright 2000 that had a wild west buffalo hunter guy, a cyberpunk schoolgirl with dual machine pistols wearing what appears to be badly-cast rollerblades, a Viking with a two-handed axe (and shield, despite there being no place to put it, lol) and a friar carrying a large cross...

(I also happened to notice that the really big Foundry (Kev Adams) orc mercenaries minis dressed in Rennaissance outfits also each have three or four really small familiar-sized goblin types included... Interesting. I may buy one or two just for the little guys, lol.)

• Like 7

A guy was selling old blisters at the club today. Got 4 reptile-men-things from the Chronotopia game, and a really heavy pavillion from Thunderbolt Mountain. The reptiles will be reptile hounds for my Skorne, with some mods. The pavillion is for my desert table :)

• Like 7

Got a couple more figures from that contest I won a few weeks back. These two came from an Italian member over at WAMP and an Australian member over there.

First one came in a blister pack with a name on it, she's a pretty neat figure from FreeBooter Miniatures!

IMG_1774.JPG

Edit: Next up is another figure that I have is the Gamezone mournful knight (Thank you Dontfear for filling in the blank on what he is).

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

He looks GW-esque, but he's nothing I recognize from their range; GameZone miniatures, perhaps?

No clue, pretty neat figure though. Looks like he could be one of the 4 horsemen to me, but it's hard to tell details on a metal without any primer on for me.

• Like 2

No idea. I do have Dixie sitting on my desk gazing at me accusingly, though. Along with 4 other Klockenbooty Miniatures. The only one that's even primed is my Master Harlequina. (Steampunk Fairy, Curly Sue, and Totol are the others.) Freebooter minis are pretty much my favorites (mostly because Klocke is my favorite sculptor).

• Like 3

I replaced our dryer for $100 at this store my Mom found. It is a Habitat for Humanity store that runs on donations from people and then sells the goods for dirt cheap.

I plan to go back regularly to start furnishing our home better.

While not directly gaming related, this is much cheaper than the $350 that I thought I was going to have to spend and therefore more likely to see some of that become gaming funds.

Edited by Talae
  • Like 6

Around here the store is amusingly called, "Re-Store."  And they have great stuff collected.  And not just furniture and appliances.  Bought a wood bin we thought about making into an elevated dog bed.  Sadly it didn't work so now it's a distressed planter out front.  Bought a dolly truck to help with the move as well.  Bought some conduit to move some cords in the basement.  Still have to get to that.  :)

Great place.  Kind of a super center version of the Salvation Army.

• Like 4