Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Department of Acquisitions

Annnnnd four tires have been procured.  Get them installed after work.  Will set me back ~ $340.  Just thinking of how many Bones that would have allowed me to buy when Bones VI goes live.

At least I can drive safely to Paint Days.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Annnnnd four tires have been procured.  Get them installed after work.  Will set me back ~ $340.  Just thinking of how many Bones that would have allowed me to buy when Bones VI goes live.

At least I can drive safely to Paint Days.

would it be enough to construct a wheel of bones?

• Like 5

"Acquired" a bill for refilling the airco from my car...

350 Euros...

Blergh..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

"Acquired" a bill for refilling the airco from my car...

350 Euros...

Blergh..

don't want those Bones to melt and go soft on you this summer!  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rahz said:

don't want those Bones to melt and go soft on you this summer!  

That's true...still hurts,..

• Like 2

Just now, Xherman1964 said:

That's true...still hurts,..

Yup.. just shelled out $1500 (Canukistan Doolahs) on new tires, alignment, storage of snow tires, etc, etc...  I feel your pain.  

• Like 3

Just now, Rahz said:

Yup.. just shelled out $1500 (Canukistan Doolahs) on new tires, alignment, storage of snow tires, etc, etc...  I feel your pain.  

Adult purchases [email protected]##k!

Sigh...they are nessecary though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heisler said:

And if you are a veteran and not using USAA then its well worth looking into. If you father or mother was a veteran and had USAA you would also qualify.

I have USAA. That's why I'm not shopping around. Every time I've shopped around for insurance in the past, nothing was able to match what USAA offered. And really, $130/yr isn't that huge of an increase. I'm just poor and always broke since I'm a single guy with a $35k/yr job who owns his own house. It's not a cheap situation until the house is paid off in about, oh, 10 more years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'm starting to feel like I got off light b only spending $340.

You did. Our cars that's how much EACH tire is...

• Like 4

On a tire-related note, I seemed to have dodged a bullet yesterday. When I had gotten my oil changed, the auto care center said that the steel belts were showing  on the back tires and that I need new ones, which would cost nearly $400. I checked them myself and didn't see anything, and I thought it was odd that he said that, considering that they're only 4 years old from when my wife bought them for me. I decided to go to a tire center that I trusted to make sure of it, and when the technician took a look, he asked me if the auto care guy even knows what a steel belt looks like, because he said the tires were still practically brand new.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Rahz said:

I received my little brother's first novel.  Been reading the ebook due to impatience but so cool to have the hard copy in hand. 

31D77219-C990-42AB-802A-1ECBB633F6B2.thumb.jpg.10596eb40cdaf644497fd09fc580cc1c.jpg

Cool!

Note to self:  Dick Blick art supplies often has free shipping offers.  But for some reason their upgrade to what essentially works out to two-day shipping is only a few dollars on top of that.  Sooooo worth it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

On a tire-related note, I seemed to have dodged a bullet yesterday. When I had gotten my oil changed, the auto care center said that the steel belts were showing  on the back tires and that I need new ones, which would cost nearly $400. I checked them myself and didn't see anything, and I thought it was odd that he said that, considering that they're only 4 years old from when my wife bought them for me. I decided to go to a tire center that I trusted to make sure of it, and when the technician took a look, he asked me if the auto care guy even knows what a steel belt looks like, because he said the tires were still practically brand new.

4 year old tires? Must be nice. I only drive about 13k miles every year and I burn through a full set on an almost yearly basis. And yes, I rotate every few months. And I buy good tires. But by about the 1 year mark they're almost totally bald.

• Like 3

13K miles?

What are the roads in your area made of? Lava, glass or sandpaper?

I would expect decent tires to last for double that, at least, and the roads here in Norway are known to be 'abrasive'.

Unless you're using 'all year' tires, of course. 

(They have a softer rubber mix to handle cold weather driving. Too soft for hot summers... )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

4 year old tires? Must be nice. I only drive about 13k miles every year and I burn through a full set on an almost yearly basis. And yes, I rotate every few months. And I buy good tires. But by about the 1 year mark they're almost totally bald.

True, most of my driving is around town. But I did put on a lot of miles going back and forth to the Big City when my wife was having chemotherapy.

• Like 2