Department of Acquisitions

Thrym

19 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Update: Definitely an OOP kit. When I opened it up there were at least three paints that were starting to solidify, but after putting distilled water and using the vortex shaker, I think they should be salvageable. They seem to dissolve a bit better than I expected.

The original old-school Partha Paints are damn near impossible to kill completely, short of leaving them uncapped for a few months... (This is why Buglips is always after Partha paints - it's where he gets his his Evil Supervillain powers from.)

Even then, it's sometimes possible to regrind*  the lump and use it as weathering pigments/gore effects/water froth/etc. as appropriate to the color in question.

* (Very carefully, and with the proper safety equipment and ventilation...*)

* This Public Safety Message brought to you by the wrath of Pingo...

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

How high are they dropped from and are they together in a case? I bet most of us could cause brain damage with our collections.

Pfffft... Give me a roll of duct tape, a pack of chewing gum and a broken 1985-vintage Am/FM Walkman, and I can create a device that will launch a single Bones mini with enough velocity to punch a hole through to an alternate dimension.

Acquired:  (Sealed...And for less than $30 including shipping)

Josephus the Rogue

GRN3309_500.jpeg

"Museum Scale" happens to be around 125mm tall... His face is kinda ugly, but not quite as bad as it looks on the box...

Overall, though, he's a pretty cool figure, and the original starting price was only nine bucks and change with another nine for shipping. By the time the auction ended, though, it had gone from a complete steal to merely a really great price, lol.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Even then, it's sometimes possible to regrind*  the lump and use it as weathering pigments/gore effects/water froth/etc. as appropriate to the color in question.

This sounds like something to try as an experiment.  Any idea what tools work well for this job?

• Like 3

Acquired a bunch of things today, most of it was for vacation. We also got a 2" binder and 200 page protectors to hopefully start to organize the massive amounts of rule books/character sheets/etc. there is in Shadows of Brimstone. We are still waiting to acquire wave 2. Really hoping that will happen before GenCon.

• Like 5

So, I need to take pictures but just have not gotten around to it yet.

I got Hobby Zone storage system, New lights from amazon a Warhammer 40k Parmaris miniature to try it out, Got stickers from Sticker Mule for Iron Bristle Studios, a few KS i was backing funded so now I am eagerly awaiting them and family I got a 0-0 Winsor and Newton brush in. 

Not to mention my birthday yesterday in which I got a nice bottle of Santory Hibiki Whiskey, a down payment on a firearm and good time with friends... last one is not a DoA relevant but I thought i would share anyway.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 6

I went to a new-to-me used bookstore here in Indianapolis over lunch and discovered a 1st edition Silver John novel from Manly Wade Wellman, as well as a copy of The Moon Pool by Abraham Merritt.  For $9 my very own "Appendix N" was slightly enlarged.

Books Unlimited, on Shelby St., in case anyone is in the area.  I've lived here for 14 years and never new about it.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Serenity said:

This sounds like something to try as an experiment.  Any idea what tools work well for this job?

If you promise you will never, ever use it for food items, a mortar and pestle works fine.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Pingo said:

If you promise you will never, ever use it for food items, a mortar and pestle works fine.

Pingo is Paint-Mom? 

I guess someone has to make sure we don't poison ourselves too badly ;)

Alternatively, put the gunk in a plastic baggie and gently whack it with a hammer, back if spoon, etc. Or use a rolling pin. I doubt you'll have to be so aggressive as to break the baggie. 

• Like 6