If you could green light any one movie, what would it be?

If you had the power to green light any one movie, what would it be. I'm primarily thinking perpetually stalled real life Hollywood productions, but I suppose anything you dream up is fair game as well.

Mine is Guillermo del Toro's production of At the Mountains of Madness. I suppose this actually has a chance of happening but I'm pretty cynical about its chances given Hollywood's allergy to non-cookie cutter scripts.

• Like 8
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent live-action Spawn movie.

A live-action Gen13 movie.

Movies based on the Fablehaven series.

Movies based on The Bartimaeus Trilogy.

A Legend of Drizz't series of movies.

Movies based on The Sellswords. (I like Jarlaxle and Artemis.)

ETA: And Hearts of Darkness (the Marvel Universe Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Punisher crossover story).

Edited by dsmiles
  • Like 4

A movie of the book Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. He has a real knack for writing cinematic scenes, such that certain scenes literally play out like a movie in my mind. It would be awesome to see it on a big screen.  :wub:

Luckily, it sounds like this is in the works, though I won't allow myself to get excited until an official announcement is made and filming is well underway.  ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

A movie of the book Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. He has a real knack for writing cinematic scenes, such that certain scenes literally play out like a movie in my mind. It would be awesome to see it on a big screen.  :wub:

Luckily, it sounds like this is in the works, though I won't allow myself to get excited until an official announcement is made and filming is well underway.  ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Too bad. I was hoping for The Way of Kings. I didn't really dig the Mistborn series, but The Stormlight Archives is fascinating.

• Like 1

I really wanted to see Mountains of Madness, but I'm fairly sure the studio would have found SOME way to screw it up in the making. That's why I'm not crazy about the idea of automatically greenlighting ANY durn thing. I feel very betrayed when a project gets made into a movie ... and I've been wanting it to be made into a movie for years... and I go see the movie... and they completely and utterly screwed it up.

I wanted to love the Dungeons and Dragons movie, and it was so wretched, it made me ashamed to be a gamer. I've been a Lovecraft fan since I was a kid, but the idea of what they could screw up by interfering with Del Toro scares me worse than the movie would.

• Like 4

I really wanted to see Mountains of Madness, but I'm fairly sure the studio would have found SOME way to screw it up in the making. That's why I'm not crazy about the idea of automatically greenlighting ANY durn thing. I feel very betrayed when a project gets made into a movie ... and I've been wanting it to be made into a movie for years... and I go see the movie... and they completely and utterly screwed it up.

That's why I was specifically saying I would green light del Toro's ATMOM, not a generic or studio altered version.  ^_^   This is about aspiration rather than reality after alll. 

I wanted to love the Dungeons and Dragons movie, and it was so wretched, it made me ashamed to be a gamer. I've been a Lovecraft fan since I was a kid, but the idea of what they could screw up by interfering with Del Toro scares me worse than the movie would.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the D&D movies.  Much like the Highlander sequels, they have been edited out of my reality.  :;,;:

• Like 2

Second a HALO live action movie. Most of the live action HALO stuff done so far has been great.

Live Action Battetech would be a disaster. Battletech is like a historical yarn, full of events, personalities, etc. They would probably do it as a historical move (who do we cast as Victor? And Takashi! etc...) and try to cram an epic Sphere-spanning story into 2 hours. I would just want some mercs and their battlemechs living a hard-scrabble life...

Damon.

or maybe a well done not so dark, version of a DC superhero movie. One's about as likely as the other at this point 

Speaking of DC superheroes, I'd definitely greenlight a full-length version of this.

• Like 4