If you could green light any one movie, what would it be?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Agent Coulson Movie.

If you had the power to green light any one movie, what would it be. I'm primarily thinking perpetually stalled real life Hollywood productions, but I suppose anything you dream up is fair game as wel

Elric or Black Company would be better as HBO series, I think. I wouldn't like to see that much cut for movies, unless maybe Peter Jackson was involved :p   How about moar Firefly?   Also, Deadp

I had hoped they would get Oded Fehr but that was right after The Mummy. He could still do it if they didn't want young Dr Strange

Actually he'ld be quite good. I never particularly thought of Dr. Strange as young and Fehr is hardly an old man.

• Like 1

Yeah, good call on Oded. Doctor Strange should be older, he's supposed to be a world renowned surgeon at the top of his game before his accident, then it's years before he becomes a master sorcerer. Of course in movie times it'll be a couple week montage. ::P:

Also, Oded would ensure the commentary track is worth listening to.

• Like 1

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the D&D movies.  Much like the Highlander sequels, they have been edited out of my reality.  :;,;:

You're delusional.  There never were any Highlander sequels, therefore nothing to edit from reality.   :devil:

Obviously. There can be only one, after all.  ^_^

• Like 2

I could easily see Chiwetel Ejiofor or Boris Kodjoe playing the part. Or to go in a different direction, how great would Naveen Andrews, Sendhil Ramamurthy or Daniel Dae Kim be? Marvel has been taking great chances on properties to adapt, it'd be awesome if they started taking chances in other areas, like ethnicity and gender.

Daniel Dae Kim would be an excellent choice, but Chiwetel Eijofor should be playing The Doctor. (Not Doctor Strange...The Doctor. Pet peeve that they chose Capaldi, who I'm sure will be brilliant, but didn't even ask Eijofor.)

• Like 2

Honor Harrington gets my vote. I'd actually like to see the early stuff, either On Basilisk Station or even the one of the prequel stories, from before she became the legend and the stories became too bloated. And I want Stephanie Jacobsen to play her:

battlestar-galactica-razor-2007112108274

Good choice on the actress...

• Like 2

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a Wonder Woman movie. With a woman who looks like an amazon. Not some skinny little... ehem. Anyway.

I can think of many things I'd like to stop though... mostly books I like that Hollywood enjoys eviscerating. The idea of turning The Night Circus into a movie terrifies me. It was a beautiful book, and I don't see how they can turn it without it becoming a horrible sappy romance or a cheesy magic flick.

And anything Michael Bay makes. Or Peter Jackson. <_< *incomprehensible muttering*

• Like 2

I wonder if we will ever get a decent a Wonder Woman movie. I used to think it would be a slam dunk, but after the Catwoman and Elektra fiascoes (and Supergirl before them), I'm not so sure. And then there was the 2011 pilot. I like Adrianne Palicki, and David E. Kelley has an impressive resume, but the pilot was terrible. And I have a high tolerance for cheese when it comes to superheroic stuff (I bought the Cape DVD!).

If Superman v Batman is successful, they probably will greenlight a Wonder Woman film, but I think they would need someone really passionate about the character to do her justice. I can't even think of a director who fits the bill. Maybe Luc Besson, he's had a history of awesome female leads and great action films.

• Like 2

Joss Whedon was attached to Wonder Woman a few years ago. That's why I begin to despair, if he couldn't do it, who can? Nicolas Wending Refn wants to make a Wonder Woman movie, so I guess there is always hope.

• Like 1

Wow I can't believe four pages into this thread and no one mentioned Dragonlance! Tanis Half-Elf, Sturm, the Brothers Mejere, Flint Fireforge,Silvermoon and Tasslehof Burrfoot. The flashbacks sequences of Lord Soth's Charge  or the Legend of Huma. The giant dragon fights would be epic.

Oh and a Conan the Barbarian movie done right using the source material

• Like 1