Since it's not really about ReaperCon, and I wasn't sure it really fit in the other game areas, I'm dropping this here.

So, based off of my description of the one game of Fiasco I played at Reapercon one of the guys at work went and bought the book. We've had one session so far, and it involved corrupt priests involved in arson, murder, and insurance fraud to get enough money to run a hockey league for underprivileged inner-city youth. Needless to say they enjoyed it and really got into it and are looking forward to the next game.

• Like 5
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have played a few times. Some vague story outlines that I recall:

-Werewolf pimps

-Space Opera Horror with a serious comedy bent

-70s era disco club drug deal (Wil Wheaton wrote the scenario iirc)

• Like 5

I played it the other night. I almost got caught by the cops whilst smuggling a dead corpse out of a run down apartment into my biohazard van (I had a nice front as a cleaning service), then took it to my ex-wife's house where I was able to dump it into a hole being dug by my ex-sister-in-law (she was digging up the whole backyard trying to find her "buried secret" - a collection of returned social security checks from their dead grandmother, which unbeknownst to her, I had already found and hid in the basement).

Meanwhile, my lone employee (who also happened to be my ex-third cousin) was turning my ex-wife down for a loan. She decided to call her bisexual friend (who had just been dumped by my business rival - his ex-lover), and follow up with him at a local brothel to see if she could extort him for some cash. She ran off to the brothel, and her cousin got into the trunk of my partner-in-crime's car (a lady who by day ran a small local newspaper, but by evening went out with me and threw bricks through the windows of the same houses I serviced during the day). They drove off to the local Macy's where he popped out of the trunk and went on a rampage, knocking over displays and destroying the toilets in the rest rooms with a fire extinguisher (I don't know quite where that came from, but it was my son's character and his description was so funny tears were streaming down my face).

As this was happening, my business rival was sneaking into my ex-cousin's house and planting bombs everywhere.

Long story short, everybody either disappeared or ended up in jail, except me. Through some finagling in the courts and a little bit of blackmailing, I ended up Mayor and the richest guy in town.

• Like 3