Ral Partha : Troll

galladril

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done.  I have this one too, got mine about the same time you did.  A true Partha classic, sculpted exactly as trolls were depicted in 2nd Edition, along with most of the rest of RP monsters at that time.  Although, was anyone else bothered/surprised that the displacerbeast sculpt only had four legs instead of six?  It seemed (and still does) like a gross oversight when I noticed it as a kid, given the general high-quality and attention to detail that Partha D&D minis usually had.

• Like 1

Although, was anyone else bothered/surprised that the displacerbeast sculpt only had four legs instead of six?  It seemed (and still does) like a gross oversight when I noticed it as a kid, given the general high-quality and attention to detail that Partha D&D minis usually had.

Yes, I remember being bugged by that at the time.

If anyone is hankering for a classic 6-legged displacer cat, they might want to look in the direction of Black Tree Design.

• Like 2

Came out great! Really shows up.

I've got a bunch of Ral Partha minis about that era that I'll start painting soon(er or later). I've never worked with them before; is priming a real sticky spot with these older sculpts in general?

• Like 1

Jay Kick-starts the ole spotlight motor...

Shines the light around the room, and the light shines on Galladril... There he is !

The Crowd claps wildly and approves of that Troll; 20 years in the making !

Great Job, and I wouldn't call him cute, but he has a certain uhhh.. appeal,

like the monster in Young frankenstein, do you think he could do "puttin on the Ritz" ?

^_^

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1