post-11942-0-74990400-1402167589.jpgpost-11942-0-63363700-1402167559.jpgpost-11942-0-14312200-1402167527.jpgpost-11942-0-22947200-1402167495.jpg

RENAISSANCE FAIR (NOVELTY PIECE)...Old rope swing

NOTE...This is the 16th piece in/of my Renaissance Fair project...It is a small scratch built piece on ceiling tile...size (2" x 2")...and depicts an old rope swing hanging from a tree.

NOTE...I was reviewing my Renaissance Fair project when it hit me...I had no small " novelty " pieces! So after pondering the matter, I came up with the idea of an old rope swing hanging from a tree branch...so this is the finished piece from my (mind eye).

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS...I would like to have a couple of more such tiny " novelty " pieces for my fair set. If any members have ideas for such a piece; I would love to hear from you with your idea.

NOVELTY PIECE...Must be in the same size range (small); depicting a select scene that could/would be found at such a fair...but doesn't directly deal with the fair. It is a stand off piece that could be found anyplace...but that would fit into the overall concept of my fair project.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 15

Well I am leaving tomorrow, but thought I would check out some posts.  Great looking swing!  I know my players would be trying to cram their minis on it.

For a fair maybe something like (I know you have dancing, food, and music?):

1) A tug-of-war mud pit with mud area and rope.

2) Horseshoe toss playing area

3) Lawn bowling piece.

4)  If no music in fair already then small area for a bard/musician?

• Like 2

An archery area, a sword fighting area, jousting area, wrestling area

Hi ub3r and spencerjohn...thanks for you comments and feedback...appreciated as always!

As far as the suggestions from both of you go...all are very good...but all are directly fair related!...I am seeking ideas for small delicate & lovely " novelty " pieces that can be/are stand alone and not directly connected to or associated with the fair...but could be found within the overall fair project!

Like my swing...it is a stand alone small delicate piece that has no direct association and/or contact with/to my fair...but could easily be found within the overall fair project.

Once you start to really ponder the subject (the creation of such small pieces that fall within the set guidelines)...it is not really that easy to make suggestions...But as I said prior, I do await any such suggestions from artistic minded members.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS...I would like to have a couple of more such tiny " novelty " pieces for my fair set. If any members have ideas for such a piece; I would love to hear from you with your idea.

1) Water barrel? Water wagon? A spot to get some fresh water...the Pump Handle?

100_5472.JPG This might be a Perry miniatures Ale wagon...

2) A soap box. (For people to stand on and denounce Liberty, or the King, or Whigs, or Hugenaughts, or whatever needs denouncing.)

3) Stocks (empty) complete with bushels of rotten tomatoes (nearly full).

• Like 1

An Outhouse. (toilet)

A BBQ stand or something similar

Pony/donkey ride

A merry go round

A waffle booth

a petting zoo

dog kennel

BTW i love your work as always.

Hi Xherman...many thanks for your comments and feedback...greatly appreciated!

As for your ideas...(an outhouse = it is the last major piece that is already in the original concept = the privy)...(the BBQ type stand = is already done/covered in my Gypsy camp)...(dog kennel/petting zoo/pony-donkey ride would have direct connection to the fair and would require animal miniatures that I do not have and don't want to spend another $25+ to get them)...(waffle booth = would again be a direct fair piece...like my food court)...(merry-go-round would be a major major piece that would also have direct association with the fair...that I do not wish to undertake at this time).

I'm looking for non-associated ideas that don't say fair...gypsy camp...people...but that might be found in association with same!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

I was going to suggest a small well or natural spring, but I see those have already been suggested.

-How about a lovers spot? For example a tree with carved initials and heart.

-An overgrown tombstone/headstone/grave marker. I'm not thinking of something morbid, but rather of something forgotten and neglected.

- a distance/mile marker alongside a path.

- a path with overhanging trees on each side that are arching over the path, almost forming a tunnel.

- a set of paths to join all your dioramas together, yet could also be used on their own for other adventures.

- a small bridge. Could be going over a small stream or even a dried out creekbed.

- a broken down and neglected cart or wagon.

- an overgrown building foundation. (No building though)

That's all I have off the top of my head. I hope there's something there that inspires you. I imagine you could consolidate a few of these ideas into one scene.

• Like 2

I was going to suggest a small well or natural spring, but I see those have already been suggested.

-How about a lovers spot? For example a tree with carved initials and heart.

-An overgrown tombstone/headstone/grave marker. I'm not thinking of something morbid, but rather of something forgotten and neglected.

- a distance/mile marker alongside a path.

- a path with overhanging trees on each side that are arching over the path, almost forming a tunnel.

- a set of paths to join all your dioramas together, yet could also be used on their own for other adventures.

- a small bridge. Could be going over a small stream or even a dried out creekbed.

- a broken down and neglected cart or wagon.

- an overgrown building foundation. (No building though)

That's all I have off the top of my head. I hope there's something there that inspires you. I imagine you could consolidate a few of these ideas into one scene.

Hi Darsc; as always...thanks for your comments and feedback!......Your suggestions are right on the mark...these are what are stand off pieces...yet could be found on the fair complex project...You have a few suggestions that I will give serious thought to (thank you).

I am just finishing up my 2nd little " novelty " piece that I will post tomorrow...I titled it (Fantasy Road Guide)...Be sure to let me know what you think of it. The wife thinks it is both cute and funny!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 4

Hi Darsc; as always...thanks for your comments and feedback!......Your suggestions are right on the mark...these are what are stand off pieces...yet could be found on the fair complex project...You have a few suggestions that I will give serious thought to (thank you).

I am just finishing up my 2nd little " novelty " piece that I will post tomorrow...I titled it (Fantasy Road Guide)...Be sure to let me know what you think of it. The wife thinks it is both cute and funny!

Paul (Catdancer)

You're welcome Paul. Glad I could be of some help. I'm very much looking forward to what you come up with.

• Like 1

That is a CHARMING creation & a LOVELY addition to the Fair. VERY WELL DONE!

One thing that popped into to my mind as a possible addition to the surroundings is a bee hive hanging ominously from a tree branch...there always seemed to be one at the reenactment encampments that I took part in.

• Like 2