Well I am leaving for the rest of the month tomorrow, but started on making a custom mini for my daughter who has a flail wielding paladin and a warhorse.  I had a lot of trouble finding good female paladins so I figured I could use Bones to make one.  This is about how much progress I can make since I am leaving, I will continue work in July. Also I gave the gnoll the flaming sword for giggles!

Dismounted female paladin with flail:

Body  77058: Almaran the Gold, Paladin ($2.79)

Head  77077: Finari, Female Paladin ($2.29)

Flail  77012: Gnoll Warrior ($2.49)

Mounted female paladin with flail:

Flail  P14580C: Flail ($0.25)

Mounted female paladin  14224: Lady Jehanne, Crusaders Warlord ($19.99)

Caitlin drew me a cute baby dragon eating a cheeseburger!  I would have posted it in the "fun with order requests posts" but Im not terribly smart.

post-8946-0-95426500-1402173636.jpg

post-8946-0-03992200-1402173653.jpg

post-8946-0-48744500-1402173655_thumb.jpg

post-8946-0-21792000-1402173777_thumb.jpg

post-8946-0-48933900-1402173788_thumb.jpg

Edited by spencerjohn
  • Like 17

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your new creations look BEAUTIFUL. The conversion work & imagineering are EXCELLENT...you now have some unique minis. GREAT WORK!

The Burger Dragon is UBERCOOL...& another sign of how much of an impact you've had on your Fellow Forum Folk.

• Like 2

O don't get to excited kids, I was away and just got home from Army training and started a Postal job, man it sucks! Anyway all that is left for me is painting them, however my goal is to finish painting alllllll my durn villagers first and my wife is like "spend time with me you meany".

Well I did what I could to paint this one, I painted a bunch of other minis but I don't think I can post pics in a group anymore.

I will try my best to get the mounted paladin to match the color scheme. However I am taking a break from the big batch I just painted and am doing a waterfall piece to go with my modular river and it will have a secret room behind the waterfall and a removable top.  Also will be doing a graveyard which when I think about it will be similar to Malefactus's.  I want tombs I can open and put minis in and maybe a secret tunnel.

post-8946-0-13528700-1407723076_thumb.jpg

post-8946-0-62109400-1407723087_thumb.jpg

Edited by spencerjohn
  • Like 6

Thank you guys!  Working for the Post Office 6 days a week has really killed my free time! Then my one day off is game day while trying to DM with a 2 year old and mow the lawn/etc.

Luckily Dwarven Forge Dungeon Tiles, and Bones are two year old proof and he gets his own dungeon.  Though he does try to drive his toy cars on the terrain pieces we have set up for the battle during the game!

I have been busy typing up game notes and monsters, my next game thing will be creating the waterfall piece.

• Like 3

I can identify with the work hours; for long years my average week was six or seven days with most of the days ten to twelve hours long. I missed a lot of living that way.

All that aside, I'm looking forward to your Waterfall piece. I've been avoiding waterfalls & other wet terrain pieces for decades. Seeing one go from start to finish might be a motivating factor...or not.

• Like 2