Buffalo Soldier: An Experiment

7de2ecffbc9bf08e119b5a8bf35c2eab.jpg...bet you weren't expecting that, were you?

I was in a game store yesterday, and since I believe in supporting little brick and mortar stores, I had to buy SOMETHING. So I picked up some Bones. I did not need these Bones. I already had these and more from the Kickstarter. Still, like I said, if you want a local game shop, you should support it. So... what was I going to do with these extra troopers that I had no use for?

Well, that's what art is all about.

5056f1bb35a80a9673bc8ac2076622b2.jpg The B.A.C.O.N. trooper did not come out as well as I would have liked; the toy pig I used for parts was less detailed than the toy buffalo. Still, I persevere...

• Like 16

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, I saw a Geico commercial before bed. One of the ones WITHOUT the Australian lizard. And then I had to get up and touch up the B.A.C.O.N. trooper...
d0bf510bb7ab3668e2a87c4f6d695358.jpg "Hey, did I tell you guys about the great new app I got on my phone that helps me manage my car insurance?"

See, this is one of those things that started as a joke, and now it's starting to get serious. Where DO you get Hello Kitty heads in 28mm? Not to mention teddy bears?

• Like 5

hello kitty, I think you could find in vending machines, as cell phone charms and what not. 

The original head I used was indeed from a cell phone charm that I purchased for about $11 at a Sanrio store in San Francisco. Sounds like a lot of money just for a little charm that I pulled apart, but I molded it so I could make dozens. Sold a small handful of those "Halo Kitty" soldiers, as we called them, at various conventions.

A friend showed me that 40K poster, but in my defense I had the idea before I saw it. (Not that I thought of it first -- I didn't, but I did think of it independently.)

Hm. Now I find myself thinking about plastic toy dino heads. They come in a variety of sizes, and I recently saw several in a toy bin for about 50c each that were about the size of a quarter...