StoneHaven Miniature Pop-Up Terrain Kits Kickstarter

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. if that's an example, I really like the illustrative style. It's very different from the multicolors of certain schools of hyper realism.

• Like 4

Reminds me of Edward Gorey's stuff.

I like it. I don't love it. But I like it. The same style in something more solid and not pop-up, would appeal to me more.

Gorey had a pop up book for Dracula... and once you reminded me.... Yeah, I can see the similarities.

But I am an enormous Gory fan... and can recite the entirety of the The Gashlycrumb Tinies Alphabet.

A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs.

B is for Basil, assaulted by bears.

C is for Clara, who wasted away.

D is for Desmond, thrown out of a sleigh.

E is for Ernest, who choked on a peach.

F is for Fanny, sucked dry by a leach....

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

I'm quite likely to back this. The fact that this terrain is a)interesting, B) in large pieces and c) folds to store in my army bag to go to the flgs or a friend's house all add up to pretty awesome in my book.

To my points:

A) it looks cool, whether colored or not. The pieces can be used together (the graveyard and the ruin would be a nice pairing) or as single central locations on a table. They also will work nicely for either wargames or RPGs. My Warmahordes games will love the machine shop.

B) I hate scatter terrain for transport. This covers enough area to be easy to set up, and it's easy to keep organized in a pocket of the go-bag.

C) when your friend has space to play but no terrain, you don't want to pack up mountains and hirstart ruins every time you go over there. This makes the table more than bare wood laminate, but gets there easily.

A+ if you ask me.

• Like 6
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Fun little piece. I attempted to paint it in the style of Costa Rican coffee wagons.  It was a real challenge, given the irregularities of the wheel surface.  I wish it had a donkey, goat or ox to pull it.  

It will stand upright by itself on some surfaces, but I stuck a block under it to stabilize during photography. 

• By Inarah
      This could be more exciting, but it's not.  I chose this as a test piece before I tackle Dragons Don't Share II.  Nice piece, it came together in a jiffy. I'm trying to copy the local limestone, and didn't quite get there with this, but it's a starting point. 

• By saucermenstudios
      Flatline City is launching in a few weeks!  Get on the pre-launch list at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/flatline-city

Flatline City is a feature packed, customisable terrain system with modular buildings, walkways, slum stacks, twisting pipelines, underground tunnels and miniatures bases.  There are hundreds of urban & industrial components!

With a huge choice of models, you can customise the layout to match your theme and story driven campaigns.  Decide whether to create a bustling dystopian metropolis, wasteland Mega City, off world colony, industrial district, night market, gothic sanctuary or winding sewer system.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/flatline-city

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's my latest work. Tabletop World Grain Supplies painted with Reaper Miniatures MSP paint. Now I really need a better backdrop.

• By lexomatic
      The toddler insisted on me removing the plastic piece from the puzzle game Blokus(tetris meets scrabble kinda) because it looked like game pieces left in the box. Nope, just a fancy display that made it hard to store/remove the game.
      I added some craft sticks to hint at my idea for a water park...  No timeline

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)