StoneHaven Miniature Pop-Up Terrain Kits Kickstarter

I'm backing. I think a portable graveyard I can drop on a gaming table will be quite useful. The outpost and gazebo will probably see use as proxy guard towers, and ruins usually pop up over most dungeon crawl locations. Even the engineworks, with the doors and totemy looking pole, will see use as part of a tribal village. I could easily see orcs or goblins residing there:

2a4cb231289afbbbc2e72400f44e04e0_large.j

• Like 1
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorey had a pop up book for Dracula... and once you reminded me.... Yeah, I can see the similarities.   But I am an enormous Gory fan... and can recite the entirety of the The Gashlycrumb Tinies Alp

Come over to the paper side,   we will let you use the sacred glue, scissors and coloured pencils!

Stonehavens Terrain Kit Kickstarter is now live.   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/pop-up-miniature-terrain-kit   It's a little different as it's for "pop up" style terrain.  

Does it unfold into that neato shape? That would be super handy to store if it did...

Exactly. That seems to be the point of the project.

I've been waiting for things like this. I have some other pop-up stuff and they have been fantastic for quickly setting up elaborate scenes.

Conversely, most of my other 3-D stuff doesn't get used for RPG's due to set-up time and portability.

@Sanael: you make very good points for when this stuff would come in very practical.  It doesn't apply to me because I've been running games out of my house for my friends, but if you play in someone else's place often, I can see it coming in handy.

Is there info as to what exactly comes in the physical pledge levels? I can't seem to find it on the page (and the video is caught by the firewall). Is a "full kit" one of each hex (five currently)?

Yes:

"The Original Goal

Will fund the creation of a kit for making five 12" across (14" from furthest corner to furthest corner) hexagonal pop-up settings. Along with simple written & comprehensive video instructions."

I think they left the numbers out of the pledge levels because the stretch goals will be added automatically.

• Like 1

I like the initial stuff but I would love the Viking Village stretch goal.  My campaign world is Norse based.  In for a full set.

Luckily I am flush and plus for finances for a bit.

• Like 2

Well I'll always check out anything that Stonehaven does, they've earned that, but this one isn't for me; I guess I'm just not a terrain-using guy. Wish them the best of luck with their campaign though!

• Like 1

OK.  So this is one instance where watching their video is helpful as that's much larger then I originally thought.  Not for me but I can see why people would enjoy them as they do look to sore quickly--though I'm sure assembly is a pain.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Picked up a bunch of the CAV terrain before Christmas t use for CAV and/or 28mm sci-fi gaming. Have been working my way through it and thought I'd post what I've finished so far.

72607 Ammo dump

72608 Fuel dump

72610 Short Containers (3x sets)

72615 Bunkers

72611 Generators

Generator with a couple of 28mm Warlord figures to show how it looks in that scale

• By Lidless Eye
      Just some more finished terrain from the Shadowfey set from Printable Scenery.

All were printed on my Ender-3 with the exception of some of the branches, the stump, and the bones, which were done in resin on my Elegoo Mars.

The Hallowed Mausoleums:

Dem bones:

Stump, it's stump, it's in my heeeaaaaad:

Gloomy Gullies:

• By saucermenstudios
      Next week, the Lost Colony: Spaceship Graveyard Kickstarter goes live.

Preview video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoWMlOpl2Vk

Pre-signups at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/lost-colony-spaceship-graveyard

Lost colony: spaceship Graveyard is the ultimate starship wreckage system. It's all about customisation, fallen spacecraft and the fragments they leave behind.
      This modular, 3D printable terrain is the second Kickstarter from Saucermen Studios and is even bigger and more diverse than the last. As stretch goals unlock, over 210 models become available to help you build incredibly detailed and tightly packed skirmish tables or larger, sprawling battlefields.

The huge core set of 80+ interlocking spaceship wreckage parts is delivered as stl files. It features incredibly detailed, double sided hull plates with internal features, computer terminals, piping, machinery, airlocks, windows, rooftops, debris sections as well as attachable ship featuressuch as boosters, engines, landing gears, weaponry and hi-tech gadgetry such as sensor arrays.

Follow the project at https://www.facebook.com/saucermenstudios

• By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)