StoneHaven Miniature Pop-Up Terrain Kits Kickstarter

I'm backing. I think a portable graveyard I can drop on a gaming table will be quite useful. The outpost and gazebo will probably see use as proxy guard towers, and ruins usually pop up over most dungeon crawl locations. Even the engineworks, with the doors and totemy looking pole, will see use as part of a tribal village. I could easily see orcs or goblins residing there:

2a4cb231289afbbbc2e72400f44e04e0_large.j

• Like 1
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorey had a pop up book for Dracula... and once you reminded me.... Yeah, I can see the similarities.   But I am an enormous Gory fan... and can recite the entirety of the The Gashlycrumb Tinies Alp

Come over to the paper side,   we will let you use the sacred glue, scissors and coloured pencils!

Stonehavens Terrain Kit Kickstarter is now live.   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/pop-up-miniature-terrain-kit   It's a little different as it's for "pop up" style terrain.  

Does it unfold into that neato shape? That would be super handy to store if it did...

Exactly. That seems to be the point of the project.

I've been waiting for things like this. I have some other pop-up stuff and they have been fantastic for quickly setting up elaborate scenes.

Conversely, most of my other 3-D stuff doesn't get used for RPG's due to set-up time and portability.

@Sanael: you make very good points for when this stuff would come in very practical.  It doesn't apply to me because I've been running games out of my house for my friends, but if you play in someone else's place often, I can see it coming in handy.

Is there info as to what exactly comes in the physical pledge levels? I can't seem to find it on the page (and the video is caught by the firewall). Is a "full kit" one of each hex (five currently)?

Yes:

"The Original Goal

Will fund the creation of a kit for making five 12" across (14" from furthest corner to furthest corner) hexagonal pop-up settings. Along with simple written & comprehensive video instructions."

I think they left the numbers out of the pledge levels because the stretch goals will be added automatically.

• Like 1

I like the initial stuff but I would love the Viking Village stretch goal.  My campaign world is Norse based.  In for a full set.

Luckily I am flush and plus for finances for a bit.

• Like 2

Well I'll always check out anything that Stonehaven does, they've earned that, but this one isn't for me; I guess I'm just not a terrain-using guy. Wish them the best of luck with their campaign though!

• Like 1

OK.  So this is one instance where watching their video is helpful as that's much larger then I originally thought.  Not for me but I can see why people would enjoy them as they do look to sore quickly--though I'm sure assembly is a pain.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeons-and-lasers-third-edition

• By lexomatic
      I have a set of walks ways and stairs, and some other stuff coming in summer, so I'll keep it all here.
      Today was base coats. Tomorrow will be drybrush snd details.

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Mckenna35
      Picked up a bunch of the CAV terrain before Christmas t use for CAV and/or 28mm sci-fi gaming. Have been working my way through it and thought I'd post what I've finished so far.

72607 Ammo dump

72608 Fuel dump

72610 Short Containers (3x sets)

72615 Bunkers

72611 Generators

Generator with a couple of 28mm Warlord figures to show how it looks in that scale

• By Lidless Eye
      Just some more finished terrain from the Shadowfey set from Printable Scenery.

All were printed on my Ender-3 with the exception of some of the branches, the stump, and the bones, which were done in resin on my Elegoo Mars.

The Hallowed Mausoleums:

Dem bones:

Stump, it's stump, it's in my heeeaaaaad:

Gloomy Gullies:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 3 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)