StoneHaven Miniature Pop-Up Terrain Kits Kickstarter

I anticipate printing a lot of extra road & forest hexes.  ::D:   At least they'll be easier to assemble than the larger buildings. 

Given how fast the total was increasing yesterday evening, I think it's entirely possible that we'll get to $30k by the end.  Does anyone know if they're planning on making this a regular product line, or is this going to be a kickstarter-only thing? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorey had a pop up book for Dracula... and once you reminded me.... Yeah, I can see the similarities.   But I am an enormous Gory fan... and can recite the entirety of the The Gashlycrumb Tinies Alp

Come over to the paper side,   we will let you use the sacred glue, scissors and coloured pencils!

Stonehavens Terrain Kit Kickstarter is now live.   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/pop-up-miniature-terrain-kit   It's a little different as it's for "pop up" style terrain.  

I am sure they will be selling them in their online store after the KS ends, this little project raising $30k shows there is a market. The questions going forward will be whether they break it up into individual hexes or keep a single large package, and whether they still sell physical copies or only PDFs. I doubt they have even considered making any decisions yet in that area though, so you should probably play it safe and get everything now. After all, there is only 33 hours to go!

• Like 1

I thought I was being moderate, I said I thought they would probably, maybe, possibly be selling them after the project ends. Immoderate would be saying, "Never again, once in a lifetime opportunity!" But that's probably only true about the price.

• Like 7

I wish there were more examples of what the color will look like. Also, does anyone know if there is something along the lines of a flat grassy hex with nothing else on it? That would be good for laying out those roads and rivers on.

I asked in the Kickstarter comments, and they do plan to expand the product line later.  However, I'm already in for a full set of sepia plus both sets of PDFs.  I couldn't get that much printed at Kinkos for the price of the pledge, and our home printer is a black & white laser printer that has issues with cardstock. 

I suspect that hedge/forest/rocky field hexes could be adapted to be plain, flat terrain simply by not gluing the rocks & plants on top.  They haven't got the art for those done yet, so it's hard to know for sure.  Given the creativity behind the original concept, I doubt I'm going to be disappointed when the art is finally done.  ^_^

• Like 1

I wish there were more examples of what the color will look like. Also, does anyone know if there is something along the lines of a flat grassy hex with nothing else on it? That would be good for laying out those roads and rivers on.

sadly we're not going to see any more colour as they've had to contract that out and the chap that's doing it is too busy with his own KS etc to do any more before it ends

but adding just the colour pdfs is only $2 extra on top of a printed sepia set so you might as well go for it in case you do like it

• Like 2

Darsc, please moderate him, for trying to seduce me with cool terrain.  :poke:

I dunno, I'm kinda down that I'm not in a position to back this myself at the moment.

• Like 2

If you can paint, you can cut! If you can't paint, stock up on band-aids! :D

Less than 30 more backers to the Bridge! That's $32 for *14* pre-printed terrain kits! 

Yeesh -- might as well get two kits considering how much printer ink costs these days... 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Holy cats, I didn't realize there was only a day left!

I saw the June 10 starting date and thought la, de, da, there's lots of time, right?

Good thing my youngest urged me to open the Kickstarter page. I'd'ha' missed it!

• Like 2