Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

Why have I not seen anyone talking about this? Unless there's a twenty page thread about it that I just missed...

I love that paint job! I'll be honest, initially, I was more excited about what DDSII represented than the actual sculpt, but seeing it flocked and painted? This is actually really gorgeous! And it's got all sorts of bits, like the window and the staircases, that I didn't notice unpainted... I'm willing to bet that once I have this thing in hand, there'll be plenty of things to explore!

Do you guys have any plans? I'm still deciding things about how I want to do mine... I might have to find a friend with an airbrush who'll let me go at it, though! -_o

• Like 15

Also wanted to add...what I love most about this set and the main reason why I had to have the entire set is because of all the sculptors that worked on this together or had some piece and part of it. That's absolutely awesome in my book. It's like having a little piece of Julie Guthrie, Bobby Jackson, Werner Klocke, Bob Ridolfi, Jason Wiebe, and Gene Van Horne in one setting with the dragon, scenery and greedy adventurers. I love it. 

• Like 10

Also wanted to add...what I love most about this set and the main reason why I had to have the entire set is because of all the sculptors that worked on this together or had some piece and part of it. That's absolutely awesome in my book. It's like having a little piece of Julie Guthrie, Bobby Jackson, Werner Klocke, Bob Ridolfi, Jason Wiebe, and Gene Van Horne in one setting with the dragon, scenery and greedy adventurers. I love it. 

Yeah, it's like the Justice League of sculptors!  :lol:

• Like 13

Do you guys have any plans?

I plan to complete mine in 7 days and win Bryan's shoes.   I'm training like Rocky for it, complete with 80's montage. 

I can hear the electronic keyboard portion from "Final Countdown" now...

• Like 7

That is gorgeous, totes won't be able to do mine justice. ::D: Probably just do the ruins with my new terrain paints - maybe Fieldstone, since I'm likely to do Kaladrax's base with Gothic Stone...

• Like 2

*sad face* I opted only for the dragon and not the terrain. Was thinking, I won't be using terrain. And now my group and I are using terrain pieces very often.

• Like 5

Ooooohhh I cannot wait to have mine! Such ideas I have! My kaladrax will not compare!

::o:

=P now watch me fail miserably in my idea now that i've said that

• Like 1

Ooooohhh I cannot wait to have mine! Such ideas I have! My kaladrax will not compare!

I'm worried you'll be found perished with Kaladrax-sized claw bruises around your neck.  It's big enough to do some real damage if it gets you while you sleep.

• Like 8

What?? No way, you are only getting better as you practice more so I think you'll probably succeed in your goal.

• Like 5

I'm worried you'll be found perished with Kaladrax-sized claw bruises around your neck.  It's big enough to do some real damage if it gets you while you sleep.

oooh i didn't even think of Coraldrax's possible jealous! My DDS2 dragon best watch her back >.>

• Like 5