Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

I remember that during Bones II my wife was shooting some barbs (with love, of course) into my direction for spending such a huge amount of money (shipping and local taxes in addition). She was next to me when that update with DDS II was published ... when I saw those ruins, the dragon and the miniatures, I was speechless ... and she said: "You will be getting this, won't you" (in a tone that meant: This is nice, you totally should add this). I did ... looking at those pictures, I have to say that that was one of my better decisions last year ;)

• Like 10

I am sooo disgruntled that I only had the money for one of these...

The first thought I had when I saw the terrain during the KS was that it would make a great Weathertop from LotR...

When I just now looked at the painted version, my first thought was, hey, I could probably use that to make the tower scene from Highlander...

• Like 7

I try not to judge Bones by the Metal / Resin masters. They give a reasonable idea what the bones mini might be like, but drooling over them is counting chickens before they hatch IMHO. 

*sad face* I opted only for the dragon and not the terrain. Was thinking, I won't be using terrain. And now my group and I are using terrain pieces very often.

Well, you could take the cash you saved and start getting into hirst arts. Or if you want to keep with the cheap, try these links!

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/user/theDMsCraft

Comments like these make me worry how many gamers are just scraping by check to check. 

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 3

I am seriously looking forward to DDS2, and many other goodies from Bones II.

Comments like these make me worry how many gamers are just scraping by check to check. 

In my experience, quite a few.

• Like 5

I only ordered one set thru KS. I'm probably going to regret not getting more of the terrain but I was afraid that it would be to obviously repetitious to use multiple copies of the same pieces.

• Like 2

=P the terrain of my DDS2 is probably not going to make it in game, except maybe the smaller stair case. My husband doesn't use terrain for his games, just some props and such, so my full DDS2 is mostly going to be a fancy shelf-sitter next to my Coraldrax and Nethyrmaul  ^_^

That's going to be the fun part of this Kickstarter  :devil:  I sold art to fund my pledge...so all the Bones are MINE! MINE! Husband will have to ask NICELY if he wants to use MY Bones bwahahahahahaa!

• Like 13

...so all the Bones are MINE! MINE! Husband will have to ask NICELY if he wants to use MY Bones bwahahahahahaa!

____1307038_orig.jpg

:rock:

• Like 9

I just got one, but I was trying to somewhat stick to a budget of around $300, ended up going over a bit, but am extremely happy with what I'm going to get.

• Like 8

I just got one, but I was trying to somewhat stick to a budget of around $300, ended up going over a bit, but am extremely happy with what I'm going to get.

Same here.

• Like 8

Same here.
Also.
  • Like 7