Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

Thanks for sharing the link to the painted version, I hadn't spotted that yet!  ::D:   I'm so very, very glad we decided to get 2 copies of DDS2, so that we don't have to share them.  :devil:

Probably we will paint each set for different climates.  So one set in grey stone with moss, etc, and one set with sandstone and more of a desert look.  They will mostly be used on a display shelf, but we can always grab them for games if we want.  Plus it will be excellent staging to show off whatever adventuring party we want to be battling the dragons.  I just can't wait!!! 

• Like 8

I think I dropped around $175 on the second kickstarter, as opposed to something like $270 on the first one (although $100 of the first was for the boxed set of Reapercon Sophies)...

Essentially, each of the Kickstarters was one month longer it'll take me to pay off my car.

I make about $15 an hour at my job ($420/week after taxes), I've been there about two years, before that I was out of work for almost a year and a half and basically had no bank account. It was a fairly cold winter in New England, so paying for heating oil really hit hard. On an average week, I have about $10-30 to play with after I budget for food, bills and building my bank account back up.

Maybe once every three or four months, I can afford to drop $100-$150 on something like a Kickstarter or some major hobby purchase.

• Like 6

Okay, I never got past the intro to the gara(b?)ge cover, but that was painful. 

Also, I only got one, because the terrain will probably only ever see use as a shelf decoration, but oh what a shelf decoration it shall be.

• Like 6

I can hear the electronic keyboard portion from "Final Countdown" now...

Can you?
Ugh, I've actually seen his before. Well, part of it - like Tim, I couldn't sit through very much.

It's not enough that it's bad, it's just that they so obviously don't care. ::(:

• Like 6

I spent more than I meant to on the Kickstarter.  I did only get one DDS though... and not the big slug thing or the huge dinosaur thing.  Or the sci fi expansion... or a few other things...

I did get lots of stuff though.  However I also have to be a responsible adult and consider the mortgage etc

• Like 4

Honestly, as a painter I'm pretty intimidated by the kaiju. Like...I don't think I'll ever paint it, but its too awesome not to have.

• Like 8

I'm intimidated by all of them, particularly the big ones. But I just finished my bones hydra, and he looks quite nice. I think once I do a few more dragons my confidence will be enough to manage something as huge as the kaiju. I'm planning on starting Nethyrmual soon too. He probably won't ever make it into a game, since the dragon he's going to be is very reclusive and hides himself in a shadow, but I still want to paint him up.

I was kinda hoping the DDS2 terrain would be buyable in bits and pieces. What if I only need a tower right now? ::o: Ugh, I want my bones2 noaw!

• Like 10

I was kinda hoping the DDS2 terrain would be buyable in bits and pieces. What if I only need a tower right now? ::o: Ugh, I want my bones2 noaw!

Only need a tower?  see someone who can make Hirst Arts terrain (link to website, since it only sells the molds to make the items, not the actual items www.hirstarts.com) There are a lot of towers, buildings, etc. that can be made into dioramas for dragons!

• Like 7

Only need a tower?  see someone who can make Hirst Arts terrain (link to website, since it only sells the molds to make the items, not the actual items www.hirstarts.com) There are a lot of towers, buildings, etc. that can be made into dioramas for dragons!

lol, if I had the space I would have a whole darned village by now! Those art blocks are very cool, but I don't have room for sets of terrain. Maybe one day, when we have a house and I can have a large cupboard cabinet pantry to store my goodies in. As it is now, we don't have to room for the toys we do have. :unsure:

• Like 5