Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

I was kinda hoping the DDS2 terrain would be buyable in bits and pieces. What if I only need a tower right now? ::o: Ugh, I want my bones2 noaw!

Only need a tower?  see someone who can make Hirst Arts terrain (link to website, since it only sells the molds to make the items, not the actual items www.hirstarts.com) There are a lot of towers, buildings, etc. that can be made into dioramas for dragons!

lol, if I had the space I would have a whole darned village by now! Those art blocks are very cool, but I don't have room for sets of terrain. Maybe one day, when we have a house and I can have a large cupboard cabinet pantry to store my goodies in. As it is now, we don't have to room for the toys we do have. :unsure:

I've found that shelving helps...

e2726245f23ea3522c44e8fe4528983268890e79

I also use drawers to store the modular dungeon pieces...

3a0266554530433126d4ccf400f919a900f123d5

And since the dining room table is also my game table, I use that too...

07036db55101399e395421bf474cf3a121d5c0c9

The towers/gatehouse are part one of my HA DM's screen

c2916b57303a2443fd75feff064c0876cbdafa1c

Edited by dwarvenranger
  • Like 14

I don't have room for shelves. Seriously. My apartment is tiny. The shelves we do have are inhabited by other things (dvds, comic books, legos, skylanders...). Plus, we game at a friend's house and I don't really want to cart heavy terrain about. It's bad enough carting the D&D books there and back :blink:

I am seriously jealous of your dinning room chairs. They remind me of the ones my grandma had when I was like, 5. ^_^

• Like 6

The Mr doesn't know how much we spent on that kickstarter, let's put it that way.

Haha....yeah.  :unsure: Mr. Boot wanted me to restrain my Bones enthusiasm to $250. Which I did, painfully. He, er, doesn't know about the additional $35 of stuff I added with the pledge manager.  :ph34r: When it all arrives, I'm confident he won't remember that Mashaaf and the water elementals weren't part of our original pledge. At least pretty sure.  :unsure:

Honestly, as a painter I'm pretty intimidated by the kaiju. Like...I don't think I'll ever paint it, but its too awesome not to have.

Quoted for truth.  :wacko:

I don't have room for shelves. Seriously. My apartment is tiny. The shelves we do have are inhabited by other things (dvds, comic books, legos, skylanders...). Plus, we game at a friend's house and I don't really want to cart heavy terrain about. It's bad enough carting the D&D books there and back :blink:

Sympathy like, we had that exact issue the past four years.  ::(:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

I only ever get one of each in the Bones KS.  I figure if I paint anything up and then want another, then I'll get it afterward.  But it's not until I have them in hand and done do I really need to think about getting a 2nd one.  Especially now that I have this Takhisis to paint ....

• Like 7

I am sooo disgruntled that I only had the money for one of these...

Comments like these make me worry how many gamers are just scraping by check to check. 

Theres also the whole thing for me that I have a hobby/entertainment/random stuff budget.

Thats the amount per month I that I can really spend on stuff that isn't bills or savings or food or petrol or insurance or pet supplies or future rego for car or car repair fund or house repair fund or house stuff fund etc

So... while my bank amount might be $X, only $Y is really free to be spent on toys.... the rest is already allocated into lots of little mental envelopes.

• Like 7

that's how I live. Though because of my situation it's budget for everything not hobby and see what's left. Which then goes to my addictions, namely good food, good books, and minis and paint. Not necessarily in that order.

• Like 5

As someone that does wargaming rather than D&D, I am looking forward to this as a nice center piece for a battlefield obstacle or cover.  It is a really nice piece to defend from.

Gonna have to convince someone else to learn Warlord too. 

• Like 8

I spent a lot less on KS2 than on KS1, mostly because I had less to spend. Especially with the shipping costs this time around, and DDS2 was a hefty shipping cost that I couldn't manage.

So I'll wait for December now that money is better and get it at full retail, but I really wish I could just get the terrain.

• Like 2

I spent a lot less on KS2 than on KS1, mostly because I had less to spend. Especially with the shipping costs this time around

My postition this time round too. I was switching my mind between what to pledge for right till the end.

Had to cut some things that I had really wanted too.

Speaking of. Does anyone know how to find what we had actually put into our final pledge?

I though I had a link saved to my list but I can't find it.

• Like 1

I spent a lot less on KS2 than on KS1, mostly because I had less to spend. Especially with the shipping costs this time around

My postition this time round too. I was switching my mind between what to pledge for right till the end.

Had to cut some things that I had really wanted too.

Speaking of. Does anyone know how to find what we had actually put into our final pledge?

I though I had a link saved to my list but I can't find it.

https://ks.reapermini.com/login

• Like 3