Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

The photos of the DDS2 are incredible!  What a great model, now making me wish I had gotten two.  But I'll get one done at some point and then worry about another.

I'd also like to here what people think about the first DDS set.  How was it?  It looks significantly smaller.  But I'd expect that given it was in metal I assume.

• Like 4

The photos of the DDS2 are incredible!  What a great model, now making me wish I had gotten two.  But I'll get one done at some point and then worry about another.

I'd also like to here what people think about the first DDS set.  How was it?  It looks significantly smaller.  But I'd expect that given it was in metal I assume.

Oh yes, not only was the Dragon much smaller, the Ruins were smaller, and there was only one "adventurer" and he was integral to the ruins.

10003.jpg

the oval base is approximately 3inches by 5 inches.  

By contrast, the towers are 5" round - not including the staircases.

The Dragon for the original (not including base height) us 4.75 inches to the top of her head.

The new Dragon, not including Base Height, is 6.25" to the highest point of her neck (since her head is bent down a bit.

The original wingspan was 6.75 inches.  The new wingspan is 15 inches.

Further Comparison:

dd2compare.jpg

This is a remaster of DDS1's Nathavarr herself, not fully assembled, but free from the ruins and decorative base.

Thanks for the detailed info Bryan.  Now I wish you still had the old available as it also looks great in it's own right.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed info Bryan.  Now I wish you still had the old available as it also looks great in it's own right.

You can sometimes find copies of the original on the secondary market, but it has been OOP for so long now, it may cost you a limb or two.

Someone saved one 5 -ish years ago from the melt bin at Reapercon.  

It's a really heavy piece.  I would hate to see what it would cost retail if they released it now.

• Like 6

You can sometimes find copies of the original on the secondary market, but it has been OOP for so long now, it may cost you a limb or two.

Someone saved one 5 -ish years ago from the melt bin at Reapercon.  

It's a really heavy piece.  I would hate to see what it would cost retail if they released it now.

I'm sure it would be quite expensive with today's metal costs.  Perhaps a bones or resin re-release of this down the line.  Either way, the new DDS2 is just incredible!  I really love that the Bones material allows creating such large items for a very reasonable price.

• Like 2

There are usually a couple on ebay.. I picked two up from a clearance shelf last year and unloaded one of them.. its rediculously hefty.. I keep telling Bryan I'm going to trade it in at Reapercon for store credit but it may end up as a wedding gift..

Haha, I'll just admire it from far away =P No way I'm getting my hands on one of those. I'll just make do with the amazing Bones version *itchy fingers for all her new Bones to come in all ready!!*

I've got big plans...big plans indeed...

• Like 2

So it's been so long since I backed the KS, I just checked to see if I even bought this one. Huzzah! I did! Now I'm on the KS site re-familiarizing myself with what I'll be getting...

• Like 1

So it's been so long since I backed the KS, I just checked to see if I even bought this one.

Why would you only buy one?

The Egg

• Like 1