Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Dragons Don't Share (Painted Edition!)

My wife calls me the enabler.  She has gotten into nail art and has more nail polishes than I have mini paints.  She just started a few months ago.  The thing is she has put a ban on buying more polishes but then she finds a sale and I say "meh go ahead and buy a few more."

I am looking forward to the KS2 Bones and DDS2 is one of the main things I want to see in front of me.  Not sure if or when I would ever paint it but I may see if a coworker who does airbrushing would be interested in a project. :)

• Like 5

My wife calls me the enabler.  She has gotten into nail art and has more nail polishes than I have mini paints.  She just started a few months ago.  The thing is she has put a ban on buying more polishes but then she finds a sale and I say "meh go ahead and buy a few more."

I am looking forward to the KS2 Bones and DDS2 is one of the main things I want to see in front of me.  Not sure if or when I would ever paint it but I may see if a coworker who does airbrushing would be interested in a project. :)

This is why I don't discourage my wife from buying expensive purses... I go "IDC, go for it..." and then she can't say to me when I get figure-related stuff "you spend too much."  :devil:

• Like 7

I wish those puppy dog eyes worked on my husband... He always counters with... 'Are we going to build a house out of minis?' So no love for me. :down:

No love over and above not saying anything when I scrapped enough money together to buy almost everything from Bones 2, and then he let me have enough money for 10 sets of DF caverns... Yeah, the eye lash thing doesn't work for me... It doesn't get me new minis every time we go to the store. :down:

• Like 4

It doesn't work for her either. She works to pay for her kickstarter addiction. Bones 2 was from tax return money that we agree to only spend on things for both of us.

• Like 7

I wish those puppy dog eyes worked on my husband... He always counters with... 'Are we going to build a house out of minis?' So no love for me. :down:

That would be one awesome house.
  • Like 4

I found out about 2 months ago I was going to be laid off at the end of August. I was pretty bummed. But, the recent good news is that my boss likely found us jobs that will start immediatly after the end of this one (and we'll get severance), and actually pay more. This means I won't have to break my lease and move back in with my parents at age 35! The actual interview is on Friday, but I'm quite confident it'll go fine.

Just thought I'd share that in case you were feeling too sorry for me :)

Sorry for the hijack, but quickly, for anyone interested: the interview went really well and I got the job. It's a huge relief to know I won't be unemployed. Starting over at the bottom every few years sucks, but I sort of dodged a bullet there. The severance will help a lot, as well. And now back to eagerly awaiting the new bones...

• Like 12