Sign in to follow this  
ctsteel

Cthulhu Action Figures - Legends of Cthulhu

I saw this one in the latest Kickstarter newsletter:

Legends of Cthulhu retro action figure toy line

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warpo/legends-of-cthulhu-retro-action-figure-toy-line

Already reached funding and the first stretch goal too.

It appears they are going for a 70's and 80's style of figure sculpt and packaging (as they state in the KS wording). I think they look good (I dislike the modern 'ridiculous comic proportion' type figures).

1b15bad31e70a89f51f177189e418785_large.j

I also note that one of the project creators worked on the original Masters of the Universe figures - I loved those!

• Like 4

Yeah, I hope this one succeeds. Those figures look like a hoot. Although the idea of a Cthulhu Saturday morning cartoon kind of creeps me out...

• Like 1

Yeah, I hope this one succeeds. Those figures look like a hoot. Although the idea of a Cthulhu Saturday morning cartoon kind of creeps me out...

This was all over Facebook a couple days ago. Strangely, this does not appeal to me. I love the Mythos and was the perfect age to begin collecting Star Wars figs from the very beginning (8 years old in 1978 when they finally came out).

But somehow this just isn't ringing my bell.

the idea of a Cthulhu Saturday morning cartoon kind of creeps me out...

The Ghostbusters cartoon had an excellent Cthulhu episode.

It was excellent... for a Saturday morning cartoon. And it was still pretty good. Although I question whether or not the Ghostbusters could actually defeat Great Cthulhu.

This was all over Facebook a couple days ago. Strangely, this does not appeal to me. I love the Mythos and was the perfect age to begin collecting Star Wars figs from the very beginning (8 years old in 1978 when they finally came out).

But somehow this just isn't ringing my bell.

Tell me about it. I posted the link over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society, and for DAYS my phone kept dinging and dinging and dinging... "Alan Smithee LIKES your post at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society." And yeah, some part of me wants to buy them... and an older, wiser, and more fossilized part of me says, "And what will you do with them when you have them?"

Edited by Dr.Bedlam

Received notice today that the figs are now being shipped out to backers - and have already been received in some cases.  Will be watching my mailbox . . .

The Egg

Received my figs yesterday - and they look awesome!  With all the bad KS news lately, it's refreshing to have a campaign that actually delivers a quality product on schedule.

The Egg 

• Like 1