Reaper Radio

Exwilly

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Cowboy Junkies the other night while painting minis. I usually only listen to music at home in the middle of the night while painting minis on the weekends. Then it's whatever is in my iPod that sounds good at the time. Last week it was Herb Albert & the Tijiana Brass Band. My hubby thinks my iPod playlists are weird.

I usually keep my iPod on random...it's about 7 or 8000 songs, maybe 2/3 of the collection. I like to paint to that, keeps things fresh. But it can get odd for anyone else in the vicinity. I'm totally fine with it skipping from Megadeth to Count Basie to Willie Nelson to Bach to The Who to Sublime to The Slackers to...well, I've got a bit of most genres in there.

Right now spinning in the truck:

• Like 2

I recently added in the Kung Fu Panda soundtrack, Wreck it Ralph Soundtrack, and some Basil Pouledouris. I catch a lot of crap about my musical tastes. In my car I have a 6 disk changer that plays mp3 (I'd rather have an audio input, but I can't justify buying a new stereo when this one works fine) so I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 songs on random. My coworkers give me a lot of grief because one minute The Platters will be playing, the next Korn, then some Nitty Gritty Dirt Band or John Prine, and the next song will be Ghetto Boys.

• Like 2

Right this second, the new alice in chains album, google play has a free month trial and it's $6 a month afterwards, I'm downloading a lot of the music and playing in the car off my phone.

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/al/Alice+In+Chains/The+Devil+Put+Dinosaurs+Here

apparently blaring kmfdm in a convertible in the south is a a bad thing, as I tend to get a lot of dirty looks.

Edited by pocketcthulhu

Right this second, the new alice in chains album, google play has a free month trial and it's $6 a month afterwards, I'm downloading a lot of the music and playing in the car off my phone.

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/al/Alice+In+Chains/The+Devil+Put+Dinosaurs+Here

apparently blaring kmfdm in a convertible in the south is a a bad thing, as I tend to get a lot of dirty looks.

They like Depeche Mode that much? :poke::devil:

• Like 1

Ewan McCall

Kingston Trio

Weavers

The Clancy Brothers

Tommy Makem

Pete Seger

Joan Baez

Tim Hart and Maddy Prior

My job is computers, but I listen to old songs.

Eeeeee! Tim Hart and Maddy Pryor! I grew up on their music!

Your whole list is great.

Ever listen to the Smothers Brothers? Or Lambert, Hendricks and Ross?

KMFDM tends to get quite a few dirty looks here in northern WV. I can just imagine how it must be further south. I imagine that they just love the song "Stray Bullet" down there.

Of course, I'm not really one to talk about getting dirty looks over music, or even giving them. I get them all the time, and my neighbors probably think I'm half insane since I tend to do housework to blaring death, nu, and alt-metal music. I will say that most of the time when I give dirty looks over music it's because of people riding by with an overpowered and unbalanced stereo system in their car to the point where it's rattling bolts and shaking the thing apart, not the actual music they're playing*. There truly is such a thing as too much bass, and so many people just don't seem to realize that. Putting 2 12" 600w subwoofers in your Toyota Corolla's trunk and leaving the factory door speakers in is not having a "good system." That's called making a crappy system even worse.

*Unless it's Hatsune Miku, but that's more of a "WTF?!" look than a look of derision despite how much I dislike Miku. I've only ever encountered this situation once.

• Like 2