Reaper Radio

Exwilly

time to send me some weird looks: currently I'm listening to Kill Miss America by Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13

usually when I paint I'll go to radiotuna.com, listen to Stand-up comedians. they're quite good at keeping you in a happy mood. BTW it's NSFW.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to my husbands and my band. "Take Me Home", an original composition. That's me on drums, my niece and I on vocals, my husband on guitar, keyboards, bass and everything else.

I was expecting bodhran rather than the drum kit and cymbals, but I have to say, I like.

• Like 1

I love drummers, now I know you're crazy. I'm pretty much just a frustrated drummer, really. I just play guitar and bass.

Very cool tune.

I was talking with some friends about music from the 90s that we still listen to. Oddly, I still really like Marilyn Manson's third album, Mechanical Animals. Considering throwing this into my odd acoustic set:

• Like 1

I'm not a drummer, but when it comes to metal music (headbanging music, if you will), the drummer is VERY important. A band can still be good if one of the members sucks, unless it's the drummer. Seriously, in death, black or even folk metal, the frontman is not as important as the drummer. Example: Marilyn Manson can't sing (we all know it, even he knows it) but you never would have heard of "The Beautiful People" if it wasn't for that awesome drum beat. I strongly feel that EVERY iconic rock guitarist would be nowhere without being backed by a good percussionist.

That being said, I must admit my expertise only extends to Metal and Rock.

• Like 2

my experience actually tends towards more traditional 'folk music' roots. Celtic especially, but with more than a little country, western, gospel and blues thrown in. at least as far as playing music goes. what I listen to is far broader, and with my mp3's on random, far more eccentric. Still, i do have to agree, most bands would fall apart if they did not have a good drummer, but at the same time, a drummer alone is not going to accomplish anything. The drum solo can be fun, but drums need more filling in the spaces in between the beats to make music.

• Like 1