Reaper Radio

Exwilly

Still, i do have to agree, most bands would fall apart if they did not have a good drummer, but at the same time, a drummer alone is not going to accomplish anything. The drum solo can be fun, but drums need more filling in the spaces in between the beats to make music.

yeah, drums solos can be fun, drummers can make or break a band, but their sound alone is too niche to breakout in the mainstream. Blue Man Group's first album was pure percussion and only known to university music students, then they put out "The Complex" complete with guitars and guest vocalists and they become a hit.

currently listening to Disturbed's "Asylum"

• Like 1

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people seem to be defending drummers as if they're not important.

Some of my favorites, Brann Dailor (poor sound quality, really kicks in around 3:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5qtC0qhLkQ

I can't listen to Crack the Skye without an overwhelming urge to sit behind the kit. Another amazing monster is Thomas Pridgen, formerly of Mars Volta:

And lest anyone think I'm only about metal, must give props to the incomparable Clyde Stubblefield:

Edited by CashWiley

While I was fighting the moron drivers in Tulsa yesterday trying to get myself and my parents back across town, we stumbled across a little vinyl shop on 11th street. I picked up the new Mumford and Sons LP, and some old KISS stuff. So, that's what I'm listening to right now.

• Like 2

Band: Chameleon Circuit

Album: Chameleon Circuit

Song: An Awful Lot of Running

As the name implies the band makes music about Doctor Who. They've got two albums, Chameleon Circuit and Still Got Legs. It's very entertaining and good music in its own right.

• Like 1