Conan RPG

lionmane

well....lionmane

let me tell you something. I had to stop reading my book for a little bit.

why? cause you just had to open your mouth about that Book "the coming of conan"

and would'nt you know it.I was at boarders the other day and there it was right in front of me saying" YOU TOO CAN HAVE CONAN SAVY"

so I said"but that's what lionmane is for"

and the book said"YES,BUT WHAT IF YOU NEVER GET TO TALK TO HIM?!"

so I bought the book. :wub:

your evil, ::P: next I suppose you will be telling all of us about the new book or something.

so my mind has been swimming with the stories of late. that and painting some pf my reaper barbarians :wacko:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7Thunders,

That post brought me a much-needed smile( I've been fighting a cold for the past 4 days...surely it was cast by a foul Stygian wizard! )!

Don't worry, everyone can have Conan Savvy...there's plenty to go around.

Also, you can always talk to me here on the boards, even if we never meet in person! Unfortunately, I won't be at Reapercon this year, but there's always next time.

Of course, if you made it to Howard Days in June, I'll definately be there.

Oh, that's not the first time I've been referred to as "evil". But I prefer to think of myself having a looser moral code than most. :B):

Unfortunately, I can't tell you about the next Conan book yet.....but I will say that future releases from Wandering Star are supposed to include collections of the Kull of Atlantis stories (woo-hoo!!!). :B):

Enjoy your books, and let us know about any gaming plans/sessions you have.

As for me, I'm gonna go back to trying to get over this heck-spawned cold...I've spent the last few days on the couch, reading stacks of Conan comics(OK , so it hasn't been all bad!). :B):

Now if only the places around here were HIRING... ::(:

Well, if the employment situation looks bleak, for your birthday and future holidays, ask for gift certificates for bookstores. :B): Then use 'em when REH stuff comes out. :B):

Well joy,joy,joy :B):

I have a few savage sword of conan comics, with some soloman kane stories in the back.I rather enjoyed the character.

might just have to get that as well.

by the way,the conan comic was sold out in my area ::(:

but I have it on order.so all is good.

by the way,the conan comic was sold out in my area ::(:

but I have it on order.so all is good.

Good! I think you'll like it.

If you liked the Solomon Kane comics, you'll probably enjoy the stories. I've got most of them in paperbacks I found at a used book store years ago-they're falling apart they're so old. Baen Books also had a volume in paperback about 6 years ago as part of their Robert E. Howard Library set-it was 7 volumes, including Kull, Cormac Mac Art, Bran Mak Morn, etc. They're out of print now, but if you can find them, they're a nice little way to expand your REH library. Covers were done by Ken Kelly, so they're all good. :B): You may be able to find the Baen books at a used book store, or online somewhere. Don't know how much they're goin for these days(I didn't know they were out of print until last year), but at a used book store they probably wouln't be too costly.

On the RPG front, the PC's in my game are as follows: Hyborian Noble(probably Aquilonian),Gunderland Pikeman, Zamoran Thief, Cimmerian(female at that!), Pict, and Brythunian Soldier.

Their first adventure will take place in and around Zamboula. Details later- gotta go paint now!! :B):

lionmane,

Thanks for the info on the REH books. I am still reading "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerean", a great read so far. I have not had a chance to buy the RPG yet but am looking forward on doing so soon. Keep us posted on your game and possibly ther minis you use for it.

Decado

lionmane,

Thanks for the info on the REH books. I am still reading "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerean", a great read so far. I have not had a chance to buy the RPG yet but am looking forward on doing so soon. Keep us posted on your game and possibly ther minis you use for it.

Decado

Anytime, Decado. Always glad to help my fellow REH fans. :B):

I hope to have my first game session a few weeks from now.

My first adventure will start in Zamboula, with the PCs being hired by a priest of Ibis to retrieve a set of scrolls from a cave in the mountains to the North. An evil Stygian priest will send his own group of cutthroats to try and get the scrolls. There's also going to be living dead, possibly ghouls, and some hyenas to deal with. In addition to all this, there's the wandering gangs of cannibal Darfari in Zamboula , prowling the streets at night for victims, and , knowing my group of players, run-ins with the city watch as well. :B):

I'll post how the advenure goes after we play it. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Now, if I could only actually PLAY this game, as well as GM it............. <_<

Here's a little update on the Conan game I'm running. As mentioned in my last post, the PCs will run into a group of cutthroats who want the same set of scrolls that they were hired to get. This gang of villains (who work for a Stygian sorceror) will be led by a Stygian ex-noble. His two lieutenants will be a Darfar cannibal warrior and a Vanir . The main body of the group will be ragged desert men ( i.e., level 1 cannon fodder). ^_^

Also searching for the scrolls will be another sorceror of mixed race, who will raise the dead to attack our heroes. He also has two black hyenas trained to attack at his command, as well as some other spells.

As mentioned in the previous post, there will also be the groups of wandering cannibal Darfari in Zamboula, searching for their next meal... :devil:

Not to mention all sorts of assorted thieves , killers, bravos, and back-stabbing scum who populate your average Hyborian Age tavern on the bad side of town..... :devil:

Our first game session is scheduled for this coming Sunday. I'm hoping it goes well. I'll post a rundown of the game next week.

Does anyone else have any game sessions planned ? I'm curious to see what anyone else has cooked up, even if they don't have players lined up yet. Even if it's just ideas. The other night I jotted down a couple of pages of adventure ideas to hopefully use in the future, and again, I'd be interested to see what the rest of you have got planned. :B):

Hey there Conan fans ! Just had my first game session. Here's how it went.

Our heroes( an Aquilonian ex-Noble, a Gunderman pikeman, a Pict, a Brythunian Soldier, a Zamorian Thief, and a Cimmerian) were hired to travel to a ruined temple in the mountains north of Zamboula to retrieve a set of scrolls for a priest of Ibis, so the priests of Set couldn't get their hands on them. After our Cimmerian gal cleared a pile of boulders aside, the group went to the temple. The thief used her lock-picking skills to open the locked door. Once inside, she then located the hidden scrolls, as well as some other loot ( cloaks, armor, a sword of Akbitanan steel, among other things) stashed in a hidden room.

The group was then attacked by a rival group sent by the Stygian high priest of Set, Imhotep. The Pict went into his Fighting Madness and slew many blade-wielding desert dogs, then headed for the group leader, a Stygian Noble who stayed back to fire at our heroes with his powerful bow. The Noble slayed the fierce Darfar cannibal henchman, with some help from the Thief, who struck from behind, while the Gunderman fought a Vanir barbarian to a standstill(i.e., they both parried the heck out of each other). The Brythunian Soldier also took a deadly toll on the enemy. The Pict slashed the Stygian near to death , and when the Stygian tried to escape, the Cimmerian hewed him down like corn.

Just as the group was convincing the Vanir to surrender, screams were heard from outside the temple. The enemies' reinforcements were being set upon by the Undead. The group overcame the terror of seeing the Risen Dead, with the exception of the Thief, who ran screaming back inside the temple...with the Vanir's weapons. The Brythunian quickly tossed the Vanir his Ghanata knife, and the battle was joined. The Noble spotted a figure in the background-Menes, the Black Hyena, sorceror of ill reknown. He also sought the scrolls. The Noble drew arrow to chin and fired, hitting the conjurer. The villain responded by sending his black hyena pets to attack, and returning fire with his own bow.

The warriors made short work of the clumsy undead, just as the hyenas closed. The Gunderman skewered one on his pike, while the Cimmerian closed on the other, only to be savagely bitten on the leg by the beast's powerful jaws. She struck back fiercely, then the Pict ran up and gave the killing blow with his battleaxe.

The sorceror decided to depart, but our heroes would have none of it, and proceeded to send arrows and crossbow bolts his way. He finally fell from his saddle. The Cimmerian carried him back to the group, for the Noble wanted to question him. Seeing that he couldn't do any talking in his present state, the Noble plied his Healing skills on the fallen wizard. Successfull in his efforts, the wizard was brought back from the edge of death. The Pict came over. " Is he gonna make it?" he asked. "Yes", answered the Noble. The Pict struck the wizard's head off with his axe. "Now he's not." :lol: Much arguing ensued. ^_^

Taking the scrolls back to Zamboula, our heroes earned their reward. Later the next night, they heard a woman's scream out in the street. A lovely woman was being dragged off by a group of cannibals who routinely prowl the streets at night for fresh meat. The Pict and the Cimmerian were first out the door, followed by the Brythunian. Fighting Madness took over the two barbarians, and the streets ran red with cannibal blood. The rest of the group came out ot help(finally), and the foul flesh-eaters were slain to a man. The beautiful noblewoman was returned to her retinue the next day.

After some new purchases with reward money(helmets, horses, and armor), our heroes went to visit the noblewoman, only to find her kidnapped by slavers and taken east into Turan. Rounding up their mounts, the brave band sped off into the desert......................

To be continued..... ^_^