Conan RPG

lionmane

I just got back from my FLGS and picked a 1st. edition copy. I was gonna wait for the updated version but the guy at the store gave me a deal on the book so I went with it. I can't wait to dive in and take a closer look! I already have a campaign beginning in mind.

Decado

I took a brief look at the updated version at Gencon, and it looked like they added in some new art in addition to fixing whatever errors there were. Would be interested to see it in more detail, but it hasn't shown up at the local shop yet.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't have much of an update, as we haven't played the Conan RPG in months....trying to get everyone's schedules to coincide was impossible for a long time.....but I think it'll be easier now. My players are rarin' to go.....except the one who runs the Noble and the Gunderman spilled a drink on his character sheets, leaving them unreadable!! :wacko: So now we have to wait for him to re-do everything...if it ain't one thing it's another. I have lots of stuff lined up for my players, so hopefully soon, we'll be back in the Hyborian Age once again.

I picked up two of the conan figures, they look great!!

I would definately buy a miniature set of REH characters. I just got the new barbarian mini last week...Galdor, I think his name is.

I've looked at some of the game supplements for the Conan RPG at the FLGS....I think they're OK, but not a necessity. I've seen the Pirate book , the Road of Kings, and the Sorcery book. If we get to playing more often, I might think about getting some of these, but for now, the main book is enough.

Tell us more about your campaign as it comes together, Decado!

I am planning another trip to my FLGS tomorrow and will most likely pick up a couple of supplements. So far I have really like what I have seen in the Conan RPG. I am really anxious for Beyond Thunder River to be released at the end of the month as I am planning my campaign around a fort on the border of Aquilonia and the Pictish Wilderness. My inital plan is for the players to be members of a free company stationed at the fort.

My wife bought me two of the Conan figures today. She bought me Conan the Indomitable and the Fire Dragon. Very cool figures with outstanding detail. I think the Fire Dragon is going to play double duty and be used in my current campaign as a Fire Wrym. Which ones did you get lionmane? I am in hopes to buy a few more tomorrow.

I did not buy any Conan figures today but I did purchase the The Road of Kings supplement. Reading section on the Pictish Wilderness it says there were 3 Conan stories set in that area (along with Kull stories), Beyond The Black River, The Black Stranger, and Wolves Beyond the Border. I noticed that that none of these stories are in The Coming of Conan The Cimmerian. Does anyone know if they will be in the next Conan compilation?

Decado

Looking through my collection of Conan books I found Beyond the Black River in the SFBC release of The Essential Conan. I finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed the story. I am still very new to pure Howard stories. Should I stick with just The Essential Conan and The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian?

I have spoken with two of my players and they are very interested in playing the Conan RPG. One of my players is planning to play a Borderer of an undetermined race. I have also painted my first mini for the campaign, #02608 Tyden, Female Barbarian. She is going to be an NPC, a Vanir barbarian. What I would like to find is some minis to represent the Picts. Any suggestions?

Decado

...What I would like to find is some minis to represent the Picts. Any suggestions?

Decado

The Picts in Conan's time are basically Native American in theme. Not sure I have seen alot of miniatures that would work - most of the historical ones I see are carrying guns. Alot of the old Savage Sword of Conan stories depicted them more as primitive, stone age European types, so if you or your players are more familiar with that then you could go that way. But that really isn't how they appear in Howard's work. Let me know if you find something suitable though - I would love to paint up a Pict.

The only mini I have in mind to use as a Pict at this time is the Uruk-Hai Shaman from the LOTR line of minis. I think it will make a decent Pict shaman. I am planning on using the some of the Reaper Men-at-Arms (spearmen, swordsmen and archers) army packs for my Aquilonians.

Decado

That's a good idea using that shaman. Copplestone Castings has some cool primitives that would probably be good if you are going with that visual theme.

http://gisby.org/adv.htm

There are several cavemen and cavewomen that could be used I think.

edit: the Reaper figures Rowena (a shaman) and Karedwyn ( a druid) would be good too I think.

Thanks for the links. Another trip to my FLGS today and I came home with The Scrolls of Skelos supplement, the gamemaster screen and DH 02233 Dantrag of Heimdall.

If my campaign ever moves to Stygia I am thinking about using the Haradrim minis from the LOTR line. I am also considering the Dunádan Ranger s minis to be used as Bossonian archers.

I have begun outlining the 1st adventure but am holding off writting it up until Across Thunder River is released.

Decado