A miniature crisis I should be happy to have

That's the fun of painting for me. I may mix a very nice red that is going on a cloak, but then if there' some left over, I may pick up another mini and use it on  a zombies torn clothes, or a red ting to fur, or deep red eyes, or deep red hair, red shoes, red hilt etc. It's always easy to tell what miniatures I painted at the same time because of slight color similarities. Typically, I pick the best  out of the bunch and show it here, and the others go back into the queue for interesting paint additions. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reach in and grab 8 minis that you like.   Put them on the table in a line and number them 1-8.   Roll a d8.   Paint the one that you were secretly hoping would come up on the roll.

Except that those 20 miniatures get heavier with time. First they weigh 20 oz., then 20 lbs., then 20 st., then 20 cwt. If you reach 20 tons (long, short, or metric), you might have gone a step too fa

So with just having finished a miniature last night, I'm at that familiar crux again:  what to paint?   Has it ever happened to anybody that you just literally have so much stuff, that you just don't

I do the same thing, if I have left over color I put that on several of my half painted mini's.  Though lately I have been more disciplined in what colors I use on a mini, I try to think color wheel and all that jazz first....

• Like 4

I do the same thing, if I have left over color I put that on several of my half painted mini's.  Though lately I have been more disciplined in what colors I use on a mini, I try to think color wheel and all that jazz first....

Of course this! BUT! Imagine the task of taking that left over color and experimenting with multiple color wheel ideas on different miniatures with that one color!! It's so much fun1!! I mixed a wonderful blue the other day and I just had to finish it all and test out other colors with it. Note: A Navy blue didn't look great with it. /sad panda. 

• Like 4

Do the D8 thing. Including the start painting the one you secretly hoped for bit. But then you will get to a point where you need to let it dry for a while and when that happens you start painting the one the dice said to paint.

( If I did this I would use a D12 because D12s need to be used more.. ..and  :ph34r: because I have enough minis.)

• Like 5

..and :ph34r: because I have enough minis.)

I don't understand these words put together in this order.

Clearly it's a typo and they forgot the "don't".

I skimmed the words and saw donut. "There are donut minis?"

• Like 5

..and :ph34r: because I have enough minis.)

I don't understand these words put together in this order.
Clearly it's a typo and they forgot the "don't".

I skimmed the words and saw donut. "There are donut minis?"
Probably.
  • Like 4

I keep a drop box of prepped and primed minis on my paint desk. If I can't think of something to paint I grab one and put a color on it. If all goes well I keep going or switch to a planned mini. 

• Like 5

Generally when I get overwhelmed by the Lead Mountain I make something instead...which I then have to paint.

So much this...  My general response to a choice of working on projects A, B or C is to spawn projects D, E and F...

• Like 4