A miniature crisis I should be happy to have

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reach in and grab 8 minis that you like.   Put them on the table in a line and number them 1-8.   Roll a d8.   Paint the one that you were secretly hoping would come up on the roll.

Except that those 20 miniatures get heavier with time. First they weigh 20 oz., then 20 lbs., then 20 st., then 20 cwt. If you reach 20 tons (long, short, or metric), you might have gone a step too fa

So with just having finished a miniature last night, I'm at that familiar crux again:  what to paint?   Has it ever happened to anybody that you just literally have so much stuff, that you just don't

What feels the most dounting some times is that ever since I started buying unpainted miniatures, no matter how many I paint or how fast, I seem to buy two or more to replace each one I paint!

Only two? Oh, wait, there's an "or more" in there too.

Whew.

^_^

The collection does seem to grow, while at varying rates over time, larger and larger with each passing day. Does this ever stop? Will we end up on the show Hoarders?

If you ever run out of unpainted miniatures, you die. (Regrettably, having miniatures is a necessary, but not sufficient, prerequisite to staying alive.)

• Like 7

What feels the most dounting some times is that ever since I started buying unpainted miniatures, no matter how many I paint or how fast, I seem to buy two or more to replace each one I paint!

Only two? Oh, wait, there's an "or more" in there too.

Whew.

^_^

The collection does seem to grow, while at varying rates over time, larger and larger with each passing day. Does this ever stop? Will we end up on the show Hoarders?

If you ever run out of unpainted miniatures, you die. (Regrettably, having miniatures is a necessary, but not sufficient, prerequisite to staying alive.)

GET ME TEN POUNDS OF PRUSSIANS!  STAT!

• Like 7

Goblin math dictates that no matter how many minis you have, no matter how high that mountain of little men gets, you only have 20. 

I like Andy's idea as well, we all have a subconscious interest in painting one thing over another so this will help you get past that paralyzation that you are going throu

• Like 7

Goblin math dictates that no matter how many minis you have, no matter how high that mountain of little men gets, you only have 20.

Except that those 20 miniatures get heavier with time. First they weigh 20 oz., then 20 lbs., then 20 st., then 20 cwt. If you reach 20 tons (long, short, or metric), you might have gone a step too far.*

:;): 

I like Andy's idea as well, we all have a subconscious interest in painting one thing over another so this will help you get past that paralyzation that you are going through.

Works for real decisions, too. If you flip a coin to make a decision and find yourself wanting to flip again, you already know the answer.

* Goblins do not use SI units. They involve powers of 10, and that's a kind of power that goblins are simply not comfortable with.

• Like 10

Generally when I get overwhelmed by the Lead Mountain I make something instead...which I then have to paint.

So much this...  My general response to a choice of working on projects A, B or C is to spawn projects D, E and F...

You're not the only one.....

• Like 3

I never run out of things to paint. Hubby will always have a character for me to paint. When I'm done painting characters, I'll finally be able to give my mouslings some acrylic love. Which will be... nevar... *sob* ::(:

Convince Hubby to play MouseGuard = all character minis are Mouslings. ::D:
  • Like 6

Well.... we have a back log of campaigns, otherwise that would work. He's already worked out a mousling campaign for me. But we need to finish our "current" campaign, then do the spell jammer one, then I dunno what next. *sigh* It would help if we played more than once a month :unsure:

• Like 5

Well.... we have a back log of campaigns, otherwise that would work. He's already worked out a mousling campaign for me. But we need to finish our "current" campaign, then do the spell jammer one, then I dunno what next. *sigh* It would help if we played more than once a month :unsure:

Compromise. Paint one or two characters, then paint a mousling as a reward. Rinse, repeat.

• Like 6

Compromise. Paint one or two characters, then paint a mousling as a reward. Rinse, repeat.

That is a most excellent idea. I have a few things which are about to be done, then I'm pulling out a giant for Thar be Giants. He'll have a cluster of mouslings at his feet, methinks ^_^

• Like 6

Painters Block..hmmmm...

I have two ways of approaching a new miniature:

One, I'm usually excited about one of them (dang, there are SO many in the First Kickstarter); however, if I am not, I just go and get

one of the 25mm pieces I purchased, and work on that until completion.  I (at the same time, prime three reaper mini's).

I work on the reaper mini's when done with the 25mm.

Two.  I call up a gaming friend of mine and ask if there is a miniature that he wants painted (within reasonable size), and then I paint

that for him with a great deal of pleasure.

Then its back to my precious pile.

Don't know if that helps or not !

• Like 2