So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh OH! Legitimate question. Will there be two check outish desks or a desk like fashion area for people that need to purchase tickets and one for cosplay check in? Friday/Saturday mornings were a bit wicked. Not like ten thousand people....or even a thousand but ehhhh maybe it's not a big deal. Disregard ^_^

• Like 4

Welp, looks like my sisters wedding is the weekend after this so I've blocked it off on my work calendar. As long as the company vacation isn't during that time I'll be golden as my wife won't let me live down taking a paid vacation over one paid for me and her even if it is lame Vegas. Hopefully I'll know about that before tickets go on sale.

• Like 2

...I found an introductory route fare under 120 for this...don't know what to bring Exactly (can we get a Reapercon 101 list?) And don't really trust checked bags..ever

Mind sharing which airline that was through? (you can PM me if that would be better) I'm desperately trying to find discounted airfare in order to soothe Mr. Boot's THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE-ometer. Not that it isn't, but I'm hoping to make it as not-expensive as possible, complete with bringing our own lunch stuffs.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

...I found an introductory route fare under 120 for this...don't know what to bring Exactly (can we get a Reapercon 101 list?) And don't really trust checked bags..ever

So here's the thing with checked bags, from someone who's whole freaking family travels way more then they should, arrive with at least 90 minutes before takeoff (or and hour before boarding) and never have a layover. Do that and you're looking at like a 1% chance of a lost bag.

• Like 2

Okay, I'm getting REALLY excited now. 

We just sent over our game descriptions to Cheryl after finalizing our plans for what we want to run at the convention.  With the help of the Reaper forumites (you know who you are) who gave us some excellent time saving advice for rocket bikes, we will have 4 games at the convention:

1.  Turbo Joust - A quick and easy jousting tournament updated for the space age.  You pilot your mount and do your best to topple your opponent.  This will run in the evenings as a round robin style tournament and is meant to be a fun, beer (or Kraken) and pretzel type of game.  We expect much trash talk and personal challenges.

2.  Arena Rocket Grapple - This is inspired from the 1996 video game Rocket Jockey.  Ours is a combination of demolition derby, roller derby and gladiator combat.  You strap yourself to your rocket bike and try to be the last one in the arena.  Lots of silly fun.

3. Cinema Tactics: Hostile Takeover - In the future, success is measured by the amount of resources you control and having the power to keep them. People are expendable, property is not. Captain your security squad as they defend their interests from the rival corporation. Protect the corporate dreadnought while others fly their shuttles into battle for fame, glory and, of course, more profit.  Like last year's Cinema Tactics game, this is a tactical miniature game with role playing elements.  This will be running on 2 table at the same time with shuttles used to transport your squad from one ship to the other.

4. Cinema Tactics: Swing away Carl... and don't worry about hitting the head - You thought a zombie apocalypse was bad. After spending years avoiding the walking dead, now you have to put up with an alien invasion?!?! Play one of the eight survivors from the Walking Dead as they deal with the alien menace from Signs.  Gotta love pop culture mash ups!

Of course, the times and dates at the convention still need to be approved by Cheryl and the other folks at Reaper.  I was just too excited to wait!!!!

Yay Reapercon!!!

• Like 8

Well when you've gone the past 10 years, you can afford to feel the sun every once in awhile  ^_^

Plane ticket bought this morning, confirmed flight times, working on getting rpg games ran at the con for Lady S, heck it's even close to 40 degrees outside & my beloved Ducks got creamed last night.....what a great morning!!

I'll save my "I told you so" for when I see you Wednesday evening. :;):

~v

• Like 3

As I said had I not partook in the afterhours event aka drank myself almost into unconciousness on Friday night I'd probably not be going this year. As I slept through the one game I was really looking forward to running on Saturday morning.

Still thou it would seem odd to not be heading that way come the month of April ::):

• Like 1

Anyone well aquainted with American Airlines? it seems they are now offering non stop from Edmonton to DFW and a round trip looks to be about $600 which while pricey is doable...

Not for over a decade. Back in the twentieth century I always preferred American over United as it had better food and less hostile attendants. YMMV.

Anyone well aquainted with American Airlines? it seems they are now offering non stop from Edmonton to DFW and a round trip looks to be about $600 which while pricey is doable...

Not for over a decade. Back in the twentieth century I always preferred American over United as it had better food and less hostile attendants. YMMV.

It just occurred to me that that adbvice is probably so outdated as to be useless.

I might just as well recommend Pan Am because it had those nice comfortable wicker seats.

• Like 7

I like American.  Flew with them a few years ago.  They are on par with Delta and United.

• Like 1