So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of excited; slightly terrified.

I can get along, and be silly and whatnot behind the safe anonymity of the 'puter screen. In person, depending on the situation, I can actually be a little quiet. Not exactly shy, but sometimes it takes me a while to get my feet wet, so to speak.

I'm a bit of the same here.  This being my first con as to boot.  But I got the 4 day pass and after pay day on thur I plan to get my plane ticket.  I'm excited that this is really going to happen.  I'd thought about it last year and procrastinated till it was to late to get the time off.  I put the time in at the beginning of the year and got it.

• Like 3

I can get along, and be silly and whatnot behind the safe anonymity of the 'puter screen. In person, depending on the situation, I can actually be a little quiet. Not exactly shy, but sometimes it takes me a while to get my feet wet, so to speak.

Don't be terrified..meeting new people is fun. If you need someone to be friends with just look me up as I am a bit nervous too as this will be the first Con I am going to that I don't have a friend coming with. And I am not exactly shy but I don't like to feel like a third or fifth wheel either. 

You're on!

I'll be bringing my entire basing kit with me again this year. Anyone who is wary about basing or just wants to chat is welcome to find me and I will be happy to lend materials and what small expertise I have.

I would say it is more a miniature expertise; a base level of skill.  One could clearly say you let no moss grow on your aptitude.  I would lichen your abilities to any of the finest of the flock.  ::P:

Ouch.

I'm a bit of the same here.  This being my first con as to boot.  But I got the 4 day pass and after pay day on thur I plan to get my plane ticket.  I'm excited that this is really going to happen.  I'd thought about it last year and procrastinated till it was to late to get the time off.  I put the time in at the beginning of the year and got it.

Cool. Maybe if it ever stops snowing here, you and I can actually get a chance to meet one another before the con.

• Like 4

Cool. Maybe if it ever stops snowing here, you and I can actually get a chance to meet one another before the con.

That would be cool!

• Like 1

I'm planning on purchasing a portable ott light for the con. I'm also supposed to be getting in the Massive Voodoo paint box, but it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll be in for Con as it looks very portable. At any rate, it's going to be a blast!

• Like 4

They did not supply power to the general painting population tables last year.

They didn't "provide" but there were outlet boxes that were built into the floor under some of the round tables. This is why Corporea chose the specific table we were stationed at and never moved....thus inadvertantly creating her "corner".

• Like 5

I'm planning on purchasing a portable ott light for the con. I'm also supposed to be getting in the Massive Voodoo paint box, but it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll be in for Con as it looks very portable. At any rate, it's going to be a blast!

Will that fit in a suitcase? I don't think you will be able to take that on board as a carry on.

sympathy like.  I called my sister today and told her I could not give her any more advice on her horse's health, because after the last colic scare I had a dream I'd helped her place and NG tube to empty the horse's stomach and accidentally sucked out part of her spine.  ugh.  I hate stress dreams.

• Like 4

sympathy like.  I called my sister today and told her I could not give her any more advice on her horse's health, because after the last colic scare I had a dream I'd helped her place and NG tube to empty the horse's stomach and accidentally sucked out part of her spine.  ugh.  I hate stress dreams.

O_O Yeah, definitely a stress dream. I had it the day I decided to finish painting again. (I've been sick) 

Now it's like "Ehhhhhhhhh maybe I should wrap the minis up again in a second layer of bubble wrap.......

• Like 3

I had the most terrible dream that we got to reaper con, and I opened my storage box of minis to enter into the contest and my angels wings were shattered o_o like she'd been dropped and stomped on.

Sympathy like, Mrs. M.

...although if there's a place on Earth that had the collective talent to repair her, ReaperCon would be it!

• Like 2

Bubble wrap is good and if you have a small box with sturdy walls to protect it that's good too.

I once carried a stained glass panel in my luggage bungeed between two thick, stiff sheets of cardboard. No fun, but it worked.

• Like 3

Bubble wrap is good and if you have a small box with sturdy walls to protect it that's good too.

I once carried a stained glass panel in my luggage bungeed between two thick, stiff sheets of cardboard. No fun, but it worked.

I've got a box that I painted to look like starry night with the tardis that keeps my minis. It fits all my contest entries (Except dioramas) perfectly with plenty of room for the Mr's and spare bits if needed. 

I'm wondering if I should order an extra set of Angel of Darkness wings just in case.....

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/54675-missmelons-farming-for-xp/page-7?hl=%2Bstarry+%2Bnight#entry880916

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 5