So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mini case is the one that will fit on a plane. It's also just about the right size to smoosh in an insert from a Reaper pistol case (I didn't want to check the minis I was carrying in a pistol case, so I checked the case and put the foam+minis in the tablewar case).

Though once I fill my mini cases I'm planning on snagging a large one for storage here at home. Note the shelves aren't interchangeable - the medium and large cases are 'three' wide; the mini is 'two' wide. Numbers meaning those little trays in Heisler's pic. However, the trays will slot into any of the shelves. So you can move trays between all the cases, but you can only move the shelf part between medium and large.

Since I don't have units, just display pieces, I don't use the tray inserts.

Edited by CashWiley

The mini is the only that will fit underneath an airline seat. The mid or half version might fit in an overhead, but it definitely won't fit under a seat. My son has one of the mid versions, I can measure it when I get home, but I'm thinking its to big to be used as a carry on.

• Like 3

I routinely find the little "We inspected your luggage" note from the TSA in my checked luggage, but given that those bags are usually chock full of books, funny-shaped metal bits, paint bottles, sharp tools, etc.

If I don't get those with all the junk espically the wads of metal I have in my checked then I know they aren't doing their job correctly ::D:

• Like 3

The mini is the only that will fit underneath an airline seat. The mid or half version might fit in an overhead, but it definitely won't fit under a seat. My son has one of the mid versions, I can measure it when I get home, but I'm thinking its to big to be used as a carry on.

Yes, please. If you wouldn't mind. I just need to know if I should purchase one of these as I have that Space Dragon Diorama (if we get it finished on time) to bring with me for the Con and I'm worried about keeping it safe.

• Like 3

Those look very nice but very expen$ive! I think I may just make a box and save the rest for the Con and/or airbrush ^_^

@_@ Christmas and birthday are too far to beg the Mr for one. Plus, its no longer available in purple. <_<
Money's a thing, sure, but color? You've got paint and sealer! :o)

If I'm spending 90$ +shipping, I should at least get the color I want. :P blue is a second favorite, but they're out of that too. :'(

• Like 3

Those look very nice but very expen$ive! I think I may just make a box and save the rest for the Con and/or airbrush ^_^

@_@ Christmas and birthday are too far to beg the Mr for one. Plus, its no longer available in purple. <_<

If I'm spending 90$ +shipping, I should at least get the color I want. :P blue is a second favorite, but they're out of that too. :'(

You'd want to glosscoat it to heck and back, I imagine, and you may want to rough the surface up beforehand--but after a good coat of primer I bet you could use whatever paints you feel like on that thing. The way you've been blending lately, a purple NMM paint job would be pretty awesome. Just don't Buglips it up with a #0 brush!

• Like 6

Yes, please. If you wouldn't mind. I just need to know if I should purchase one of these as I have that Space Dragon Diorama (if we get it finished on time) to bring with me for the Con and I'm worried about keeping it safe.

The web site lists the dimensions of the "half" case as 20x10x10.7 inches, which I think means it will wind up too fat for smaller planes. (I think the maximum for planes is around 24x15x9, or something similar)

It should fit on bigger planes though.

Disclaimer: I am going by advertised size - I do not own one, although I am considering a mini.

Edited by klarg1

You'd want to glosscoat it to heck and back, I imagine, and you may want to rough the surface up beforehand--but after a good coat of primer I bet you could use whatever paints you feel like on that thing. The way you've been blending lately, a purple NMM paint job would be pretty awesome. Just don't Buglips it up with a #0 brush!

In that case, I'll need more carnival purple!

• Like 7

The new width is 22"x14"x9" inches (although there are still some airlines allowing slightly bigger carryons like Southwest and Jet Blue). So based on the listed measurements it can count as a carry on. I'm not sure how confident I am about it being in the over head bins but it will fit.

• Like 2

The new width is 22"x14"x9" inches (although there are still some airlines allowing slightly bigger carryons like Southwest and Jet Blue). So based on the listed measurements it can count as a carry on. I'm not sure how confident I am about it being in the over head bins but it will fit.

So many times I've seen things shoved around, bashed, and hit hard in the overhead bins when flying.

• Like 1