So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

• Artists

The overhead bins in the tiny planes are pretty tightly packed. I put my tablewar case up there on the far side last time I flew. I've never been willing to do that before! (I think the fact that people can see in and see it's 'artsy' stuff helps minimize human mistreatment.)

• Like 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The overhead bins in the tiny planes are pretty tightly packed. I put my tablewar case up there on the far side last time I flew. I've never been willing to do that before! (I think the fact that people can see in and see it's 'artsy' stuff helps minimize human mistreatment.)

I've seen a person grab my laptop bag up there and smash it against the back to put their carry on in front of it though.

My heart skipped a beat thinking of my minis in the overhead. Safely tucked under the seat where I can keep an eye on them. I even show them to the person in front of me and ask them to be careful about kicking under the seat.

MM - I aaalmost went for the purple one for my second case. I got blue w/plexi and black solid (cause it looks like a music gear case!).

• Like 4

• Artists

I'll reiterate that these are little planes. There's no putting things in front of other things in that overhead. Rolling bags have to be curbside checked, it's mostly just purses and briefcases and the like.  And I was directly beside any person who'd fiddle with that overhead so I could keep an eye on them and tackle them if need be. I prefer at my feet, but the one aisle row doesn't have a ton of foot space as it is.

Although I'm pretty sure the only reason I even thought of it is Aaron Lovejoy saying he put his larger size Tablewar case up there one ReaperCon, so I guess I caught the crazy. ;->

I didn't want to make MM sad, but the purple finish is pretty awesome. 

• Like 5

So I'm wondering what the benefits are to entering Reaper/Sci Fi/Reaper Sci Fi minis into the painting competition. Obviously only Reaper minis are eligible for winning a Sophie (if I walk away with one of those it'd be a miracle) but are there Reaperbucks given out or something? A reason for the average painter to be on theme?

• Like 1

So I'm wondering what the benefits are to entering Reaper/Sci Fi/Reaper Sci Fi minis into the painting competition. Obviously only Reaper minis are eligible for winning a Sophie (if I walk away with one of those it'd be a miracle) but are there Reaperbucks given out or something? A reason for the average painter to be on theme?

I don't remember any Reaperbucks being given out for the painting contest.  If you don't want to paint in theme, you don't have to.  The theme is there as more of a creative challenge each year to help some of us indecisive people figure out what we want to paint  :;): 

• Like 4

I don't remember any Reaperbucks being given out for the painting contest.  If you don't want to paint in theme, you don't have to.  The theme is there as more of a creative challenge each year to help some of us indecisive people figure out what we want to paint  :;):

Well, that's good to know. Could be a good reason to start working on my Lawmaster Judges, though.

• Like 1

Well, that's good to know. Could be a good reason to start working on my Lawmaster Judges, though.

Another benefit is that there is a Themed catagory.  It basically gives you an extra chance at more awards.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 2

It's obvious that you all just need to move to Texas.  That way you could just drive to ReaperCon and wouldn't have to worry about your minis in the sky.  

Bonus if you move to DFW, because then we could have a monthly 'Gathering of the Painters' at the Reaper shop, at which I could slowly absorb many of your wonderful painting skills through proximity / osmosis / assimilation.   ^_^

• Like 3

does anyone know if Dark Sword will have a booth?  I want to buy the Lovers, but if I can skip postage...

Dark Sword does not currently have a booth in the vendors' area. I don't expect them to either.

They didn't last year.  And Jim has said he won't be attending ReaperCon this year either as well (a bummer, great guy to talk with).  He did say they planned to be contributing to the swag bag though still.

• Like 3

does anyone know if Dark Sword will have a booth?  I want to buy the Lovers, but if I can skip postage...

Dark Sword does not currently have a booth in the vendors' area. I don't expect them to either.

They didn't last year.  And Jim has said he won't be attending ReaperCon this year either as well (a bummer, great guy to talk with).  He did say they planned to be contributing to the swag bag though still.

I did just confirm, no Dark Sword at ReaperCon

• Like 1