So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I was always meant to live in Texas, even though I grew up in PA. I wore a cowboy hat in high school (and subsequently got the nickname "Big Tex" because of it), have owned pick up trucks for the last 20 years (I'm on my 3rd one), and bought my first pair of cowboy boots shortly after moving to Texas. My oilskin duster *is* my winter coat down here.

I don't care for most country music, and I'm ridiculously allergic to horses, but I love Texas BBQ, so I'm pretty sure that makes up for those two. :;):

~v

• Like 6

I'm not even close to being a cowboy but I can say that visiting Texas had a significant impact on my.  Not only have I made some great friends that I look forward visiting each year but after having Texas BBQ for the first time, I bought myself a smoker as soon as I got home.

• Like 5

I'm not even close to being a cowboy but I can say that visiting Texas had a significant impact on my.  Not only have I made some great friends that I look forward visiting each year but after having Texas BBQ for the first time, I bought myself a smoker as soon as I got home.

I would dearly like to own a smoker, but I have no place to put it at the moment.  Maybe some day.

As for being a cowboy / Texan... yeah... That really doesn't describe me. I'm pretty much the Yankee urbanite nobody wants to see outside of Austin.

I love my annual visit to Dallas / Denton though!  ^_^

• Like 2

no no no.  Texas BBQ is the wrong type.  Our good NC BBQ is heaven.  That weird ribcage they serve over yonder makes no sense... ::P:

We all love you, but you need to hush your mouth before it writes a check you can't cash ;).

There will be no sullying of the BBQ. Though to be honest I appreciate many forms of BBQ.

• Like 3

according to Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_in_the_United_States

Carolina barbecue is usually pork, served pulled, shredded, or chopped, but sometimes sliced. It may also be rubbed with a spice mixture before smoking and mopped with a spice and vinegar liquid during smoking. It is probably the oldest form of American barbecue.

The long and short of the BBQ debate is that each region specializes in a different type and we all feel ours is inherently superior. ^_^   But they're all good.

Also, I ordered some crystals to give out at reapercon and they came!!!!  They're perfect for basing.  Carry on... :blush:

• Like 7

Ok, I'm confused regarding these BBQ types but know better than to keep this divergent topic going here - check out my question in the off topic thread.

Wise. BBQ is not officially a beekeepers topic, but it probably should be.

Maybe we can watch them all throw down at the meat & greet. :devil:

• Like 3

I will say that the best ribs I've ever had were at Rendezvous in Memphis. Seriously.

On an aside. I'm attending both banquets and I ended up with box lunches because the site was being all wonky. Otherwise I will be more than happy to offer transportation to anyone who needs it. I have my car, and can fit 3-4 more people in it, depending on how friendly they are.

• Like 2