So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Bonwirn

Hooray!  Just got approved off work for the Friday of ReaperCon.  Now I can be there Friday-Sunday.  Going to book hotel when I get home from work.  I'm local (about an hour away) but I think staying at the con has potential to lead to some fun after hours, so I'm going for it.

See you all in a couple months! ^_^

• Like 8

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my room booked.  

First time I called, I got redirected to what appeared to be a call center for their entire network of hotels.  The person I spoke with had extreme difficulty with the English language and we spent almost 5 minutes just finding the hotel.  When he wanted my payment information without being able to tell me where I was staying, how long and for how much, I said nevermind and canceled the whole thing.  Strike one.

Called back and asked them to not sent me to their call center this time, and asked if I could make my reservation with someone local at the hotel.  The guy I spoke with (at the actual hotel) seemed confused by this request and had to take my contact information down because "our computers are full" and said he would call me back.  Strike two.

Almost an hour later, I got a call from the hotel and was greeted on the phone by a very nice young lady.  She was a pleasure to deal with and we got my room booked in no time.  Gave her the dates, told her I was with the "Reaper Miniatures" convention group, she gave me the rate ($80 per night) and got me booked.  Great Success!

All's well that ends well.   ^_^

• Like 5

Excited here as well.  I am going to my first con after hearing about it for years from all the local painters here.  Big contingent from here goes a lot.  I didn't expect to go this year, so now I have to work on an entry or two.

• Like 5

Does Reaper still allow people to bring in their blister packs to trade in for credit? If yes, how much credit is it?

There has been no word yet what will be allowed this year, but in the past unopened blisters were worth current retail value in the Denton store. I believe last year that included the store they had set up at the hotel.  

In the past, store and loose trade in/bits credits were not interchangeable, I think that changed last year.  My memory after a con is always hazy...

In other words, stay tuned for more information. 

• Like 3

Phoo. Well.

So, the bad news is it looks like Reapercon is a no-go this year. There's good news, but it's a little complicated.

May y'all have a wonderful convention and a cracking good time.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3

This is unacceptable Pingo. I was hoping to spend a lot of time hanging out with you in the hopes that some of your amazing skill would transfer to me. So, it's at least partially your fault that I will continue to fail as painter for the next year. I hope you are happy.

• Like 1

Phoo. Well.

So, the bad news is it looks like Reapercon is a no-go this year. There's good news, but it's a little complicated.

Oh thank bob.

I mean, I'm sorry you won't be attending, and I hope you'll make future cons. But the way my leave falls, it looks like I won't be going either, and I was really bummed to miss you. ::D: Plus, now I'll have some company (with Dr. Professor Assistant Bachelor Master Dame the Lady Hunter) on th3 forums for that week. ::D:

• Like 1

Phoo. Well.

Oh thank bob.

I mean, I'm sorry you won't be attending, and I hope you'll make future cons. But the way my leave falls, it looks like I won't be going either, and I was really bummed to miss you. ::D: Plus, now I'll have some company (with Dr. Professor Assistant Bachelor Master Dame the Lady Hunter) on th3 forums for that week. ::D:

Oh, well, yes, hey, there is that.  I will remain an online presence.

And we're getting a new roof too, so yay.

• Like 7

Phoo. Well.

Oh thank bob.

Oh, well, yes, hey, there is that.  I will remain an online presence.

And we're getting a new roof too, so yay.

That sounds like that sucks. I hope the roof problem is properly localized and doesn't metastasize into something worse! Like ceilings or siding.

• Like 2