So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

See, this makes me wonder.  My father recently mentioned a desire to attend DragonCon.  To my knowledge he has never attend a con before, but he was the man who introduced me to scifi and fantasy.  Wondering if it is because he is a John Ringo fan (as am I) and Ringo mentions DC fairly often in some of his books.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

If he has never been to a con, suggest coming to Reapercon (or any smaller con) first... then maybe Dragon Con or Gen Con...  Going to a big Con as your first may ruin your perception of the smaller cons.

• Like 2

Dragon Con is a terrible option for first con experiences. Reaper Con is the better option. My issue with Dragon con, besides the previously stated is the increase of Anxiety from all the people, smells, noises, energy, heat, etc just gets to me. 

• Like 2

Hell, I make a fool of myself EVERY Reapercon. I just don't generally do it in a way that OFFENDS anyone. Mostly, it's people telling me what I did the previous evening....

• Like 9

I want to go to one of the big cons at least once, just to have done it. However, NakaKon is the biggest one I have attended and that isnt even a gaming con. Also, it was a bit too big to be entirely comfortable and for the most part all I do is walk around showing off and admiring costumes.

• Like 2

Several reasons why I like the sound of Reapercon.

I like to picture Reapercon as being just like the Random Conversation thread.

Only everyone is wearing pants.

This is surprisingly accurate, only add classes, the artists, and shopping.

• Like 7

I'm tentatively excited. I want to go, I hope I can go, but I don't want to get to worked up in case fate conspires against me.

This is where I'm at on going to ReaperCon.

I also want to get my spare room tidied up so I can start sewing and make myself a few costumes. And I need to head over to the dollar store to pick up some ray guns. And I'm thinking a Firefly costume would work with those weird zombie hunter nerf guns they just came out with (though, if I was gonna get anything from that set, I'd want the huge knife first...).

• Like 3

See, this makes me wonder.  My father recently mentioned a desire to attend DragonCon.  To my knowledge he has never attend a con before, but he was the man who introduced me to scifi and fantasy.  Wondering if it is because he is a John Ringo fan (as am I) and Ringo mentions DC fairly often in some of his books.

Given your location, I would suggest starting small by swinging by OGC (July) or TotalCon (February), to see how he enjoys the small events. You can scale up from there. (TempleCon is also supposed to be fun, but I haven't actually attended.)

Several reasons why I like the sound of Reapercon.

I like to picture Reapercon as being just like the Random Conversation thread.

Only everyone is wearing pants.

This is surprisingly accurate, only add classes, the artists, and shopping.

Oi! The shopping!

My wallet still hasn't forgiven me for ReaperCon this year.  :wacko:

I blame the sculptors for making everything so tempting. :grr: 

. . .

:devil:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

Doubt I'll be there this year. I won't say definitely not, because you never know, but with last year's Rcon, and the excessive outflow of money this year for everything that can possibly go wrong that does it's not looking likely. 

so far all I have for costume ideas is kinda Firefly-ish but not Space Cowboy

I have found that I do not Do Costumes.    Alas.

I am quietly on the lookout for raygun parts. (Is it RayGun, Raygun or Ray Gun ...?... need to get that straightened out).

I always say "Raygun" if its a proper name or I'm talking about one.  If I'm explaining to someone that it's a Gun that shoots Rays, I say "Ray Gun".

• Like 1

Doubt I'll be there this year. I won't say definitely not, because you never know, but with last year's Rcon, and the excessive outflow of money this year for everything that can possibly go wrong that does it's not looking likely. 

:down: