• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ReaperCon shirts or costumes for me this year.  <_<

me neither 

We'll be the rebels! 

So you WILL be in costume!

And you should always pack a second bag inside your first bag just for bringing home loot.

I intend to do this.

Nope I used that method to get my stuff home last year.

Wait... what? Why did nobody tell me this!?

Now I must buy ALL THE THINGS!

OK.... maybe it's just as well I didn't know in the past.

Oh my gosh, in less than a week I will be sitting in a chair in the sky heading for Texas and ReaperCon!!!!  :bday:  ::o:  :bday:  ::o:  :bday:

*runs around in circles screaming*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Do we need to contact Mr. Boot to keep you from injuring yourself in the next 6 days? :huh:

That might be advisable.

Also regarding costumes, does Mad Max count as sci-fi?

• Like 1

No ReaperCon shirts or costumes for me this year.  <_<

me neither 

We'll be the rebels! 

So you WILL be in costume!

And you should always pack a second bag inside your first bag just for bringing home loot.

I intend to do this.

Nope I used that method to get my stuff home last year.

Wait... what? Why did nobody tell me this!?

Now I must buy ALL THE THINGS!

OK.... maybe it's just as well I didn't know in the past.

Oh my gosh, in less than a week I will be sitting in a chair in the sky heading for Texas and ReaperCon!!!!  :bday:  ::o:  :bday:  ::o:  :bday:

*runs around in circles screaming*

Huzzah!

Do we need to contact Mr. Boot to keep you from injuring yourself in the next 6 days? :huh:

That might be advisable.

Also regarding costumes, does Mad Max count as sci-fi?

I would think so, but depending on the character it may not be family-friendly.

• Like 1

Just finalized my car rental; it's all feeling so very real now!!!!! :bday::wacko:

I keep telling myself that everything will be fine, hundreds of thousands of people travel everyday; I'm just kind of nervous because I've never done a big travel trip like this alone, also I've never rented a car before, so this will definitely be an adventure.

I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!!!! ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 10

Just finalized my car rental; it's all feeling so very real now!!!!! :bday::wacko:

I keep telling myself that everything will be fine, hundreds of thousands of people travel everyday; I'm just kind of nervous because I've never done a big travel trip like this alone, also I've never rented a car before, so this will definitely be an adventure.

Huzzah!

I've never been overseas before! I've never driven on the right hand side of the road before! I'm pooping bricks just a little bit.

• Like 4

Huzzah!

I've never been overseas before! I've never driven on the right hand side of the road before! I'm pooping bricks just a little bit.

That part isn't to bad. Just remember keep an eye out of your driver's side window. If you see grass, you're on the wrong side of the road. It sounds funny but it works, especially when making turns. Then it helps a lot.

• Like 4

Thus far, I have completely avoided driving in places with left-side driving. It scares me too much. When crossing streets in London on foot, I developed a habit of looking for traffic, and then immediately whipping my head around to look the other way, because my instincts were always wrong. (Crossing the street in Mumbai on foot is simply suicide, no matter the strategy.)

Now that the week is ending, I am getting super-excited for ReaperCon. Are we there yet!?

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

When I first met my future wife in Japan, she took me to a Toyota driving simulator, as I wanted to see what driving on the left felt like. One had to drive safely from Point A to Point B, following the rules.

It was timed. Five minutes.

I missed a turn, and got stuck behind a school bus. Waited 45 seconds and realized that there was no way I was going to succeed in the goal. At that point, I decided to play it GTA style. Still didn't make it to Point B, but I thoroughly enjoyed my remaining simulation time.

We've been married 15 years in September, and I do most of the driving. In that time, not a single accident, speeding ticket, or any other incident. But because of her first experience with me in that simulator as my passenger, I'm banned for life from getting my international license for when we go visit her family. She'd rather walk.

• Like 8