So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

I like ApoxieSculp or MagiSculp better for base stamping (and most base work). Water soluble for smoothing when fresh, cures hard so you can sand or carve it easily when cured. Also I'm pretty sure it's cheaper. And much less sticky. I think I have some extra ApoxieSculp from when they sponsored miniature events at Gen Con. So it's way old, but should still work for goofing around with base stamps.

• Like 5

Hey, anyone willing to be my melt minion at the con? I've got about 4 lbs of metal, I think, so it's quite a bit, but it's all humans and a few sprues and animals, so it should go fairly quickly (with, of course, part #'s...)

Klarg is going to take the metal to the con, but he'd rather not do the digging. I will send whomever does this for me a lovely box o things, btw - I have some really nice stuff picked out, and I'll do up a few minis for you, too! PM me!

• Like 1

When you say "digging," do you mean digging through the actual melt table looking for specific things, or digging through the Boneyard looking for particular figures and bits?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Boneyard only for me - I have a couple of sets I need to fill out for the Grand City Project! Mostly a bunch of Overlord fighters for my City Guard, cool Drow to inhabit the undercity, and some weres and icy types, since it seems that the Fellowship is heading south... And then some sprues and stuff. It's a fair bit (again, think 4 lbs) but like I said, I'll have a really nice gift for whoever does it...

Well, if you have a list with the part #'s, I'd be okay to do that! My personal list isn't very big (since I don't really know what I want until I see it), and this would give me an excuse to go poking around lots of bins, which would happily result in my list getting a lot bigger, lol. ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 2

Muahaha! I'm still finalizing the list - you don't realize how many figures are in 50oz until you start weighing stuff, and as it turns out, it's a ton. I'll PM you the list, though - I've kept it very neat so it's easy to follow, but it's still pretty big - perfect if you do want to explore, I suppose!

• Like 1

My personal list isn't very big (since I don't really know what I want until I see it), and this would give me an excuse to go poking around lots of bins, which would happily result in my list getting a lot bigger, lol. ^_^

Huzzah!

That's very dangerou$...

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 4

Well, if you have a list with the part #'s, I'd be okay to do that! My personal list isn't very big (since I don't really know what I want until I see it), and this would give me an excuse to go poking around lots of bins, which would happily result in my list getting a lot bigger, lol. ^_^

Huzzah!

Muahaha! I'm still finalizing the list - you don't realize how many figures are in 50oz until you start weighing stuff, and as it turns out, it's a ton. I'll PM you the list, though - I've kept it very neat so it's easy to follow, but it's still pretty big - perfect if you do want to explore, I suppose!

I will have a copy of Aard's list with me, as well has her sack of tin.

The chief reason I asked her to recruit an alternate is because I am not sure that I will make it to the factory in a timely manner to get everything she wants cast before it's time to head home. (They tend to back up quite a bit by Saturday)

(Of course, it's also a long list, so having multiple people work on it would make it go faster. :;): )

• Like 2

I am making a valiant effort to sneak in a second dedicated entry, but the odds are pretty slim. We'll see what happens.

If I get far enough, I might bring it along and place it in the competition just for fun.

• Like 2

I don't think my entry will be finished in time. The perfect storm (ie: wife bought a bunch of bare wood furniture that needs to be finished before I leave, dance recitals, LIFE, etc.) Has completely stalled the process... but we'll see...

I have 3 more figures that can realistically be finished, with one other completed. I had to abandon 3 I wanted to get in.

And then when I get there, there are 2 I want to get and paint while at the con. Crunch time is going all the way to Friday morning.

• Like 3