So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

I tried packing. Had to stop to calm myself.

This.

:wow:

I actually found that sitting down and making a list of all the mini/con-related stuff I need/want to bring helped calm me down wonderfully (I already have a packing list for the "mundane" items).  ::):

I had a sad realization today, though; this will be the longest my hubby and I have ever been apart.  :unsure:  :down:

Thank goodness for communication technologies!!!  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I spent Friday and Saturday feeling like death warmed over. I took the advice of MissMelons yesterday and relaxed and focused on getting better and it seems to have worked; I feel relatively ok. Three days to go until I fly out Thursday morning; I guess I should probably start to pack now.

• Like 2

Same here. I spent Friday and Saturday feeling like death warmed over. I took the advice of MissMelons yesterday and relaxed and focused on getting better and it seems to have worked; I feel relatively ok. Three days to go until I fly out Thursday morning; I guess I should probably start to pack now.

Yay!!¡!!!!

• Like 3

This.

:wow:

I actually found that sitting down and making a list of all the mini/con-related stuff I need/want to bring helped calm me down wonderfully (I already have a packing list for the "mundane" items). ::):

I had a sad realization today, though; this will be the longest my hubby and I have ever been apart. :unsure::down:

Thank goodness for communication technologies!!! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

My problem was that I had a list already! Gathering up everything in one place made me start to worry as it was all loose items. Not good for a half filled suitcase. Panicked.

After a bit, I realized that a Bones I KS figure case minus foam could hold it all, in addition to some bubble wrap to hold things in place. I slept very easy.

The longest my wife and were ever apart was when her father was diagnosed with cancer, so she flew with the kids (2yo & 9 mos) back to Japan for 6 weeks. No internet for them, so phone only. That was rough, and to cope I decided to not shave until they were back home safe.

It was a mighty beard. Red. Thick. Fierce.

Made both kids cry at the airport. They were scared of the stranger. Wife wouldn't kiss me.

The Mighty Beard didn't last the day.

This trip, I was informed I had to get Skype up and running before I leave. More for her I think. The kids are now 12 & 10, and are upset I wouldn't let them skip school and go.

Thinking about not shaving this trip. It won't be a Mighty Beard, but one less hassle.

• Like 5

I'm local, so last year I just drove back and forth. Most of the con I did on my own and the wife and kids joined me on Saturday.  They all had such a good time that this year My wife and I decided to get a room at the hotel.  She and I will be having an early Anniversary where it's just she and I for Wednesday and Thursday night. Then the kids will be joining us Friday after school lets out and mini family vacation!  We are all counting down the hours.   ^_^

• Like 6

I have the opposite reaction. I have been delaying my packing while I tried to get just a little more painting done, but I can now see that my second piece has no hope of completion before Wednesday morning.

Tonight I plan to prepare in earnest. Wednesday morning, I fly!

• Like 3