So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

Wednesday morning I fly, then wait 5 hours for my ride lol. I'll gladly ave 150 on the flight and wait though

What time does your flight arrive?

8am local time. Got a ride with Haldir currently. And if I'm not mistaken we can't check in until about 3 as is

Wednesday morning I fly, then wait 5 hours for my ride lol. I'll gladly ave 150 on the flight and wait though

8am local time. Got a ride with Haldir currently. And if I'm not mistaken we can't check in until about 3 as is

You can't check in, but hanging out in the lobby is free! ::D:

I don't have a ride from DFW to the hotel arranged. I'll probably wind up taking a cab.

I almost offered to come out that way and give ya lift BUT then you mentioned the time.  I doubt I will even be awake and out of bed by then and who knows what work will be like since I am missing the next two days and I am the only dev on this one client.  Hopefully you get some kind of ride out of there and are not stuck at the airport for 5 hours.

I tried packing. Had to stop to calm myself.

This.

:wow:

I actually found that sitting down and making a list of all the mini/con-related stuff I need/want to bring helped calm me down wonderfully (I already have a packing list for the "mundane" items). ::):

I had a sad realization today, though; this will be the longest my hubby and I have ever been apart. :unsure::down:

Thank goodness for communication technologies!!! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

My problem was that I had a list already! Gathering up everything in one place made me start to worry as it was all loose items. Not good for a half filled suitcase. Panicked.

After a bit, I realized that a Bones I KS figure case minus foam could hold it all, in addition to some bubble wrap to hold things in place. I slept very easy.

The longest my wife and were ever apart was when her father was diagnosed with cancer, so she flew with the kids (2yo & 9 mos) back to Japan for 6 weeks. No internet for them, so phone only. That was rough, and to cope I decided to not shave until they were back home safe.

It was a mighty beard. Red. Thick. Fierce.

Made both kids cry at the airport. They were scared of the stranger. Wife wouldn't kiss me.

The Mighty Beard didn't last the day.

This trip, I was informed I had to get Skype up and running before I leave. More for her I think. The kids are now 12 & 10, and are upset I wouldn't let them skip school and go.

Thinking about not shaving this trip. It won't be a Mighty Beard, but one less hassle.

I'm bringing my mightily red-bearded hubby, you could be twins!

• Like 2

Hoping the Texas weather has finally gotten that temper tantrum out of its system. Seriously, last night's windy lightening storm was really something! Broken branches everywhere this morning. Fortunately, the weather looks like it'll be perfectly clear & sunny Wednesday-Sat in DFW. Not that we'll be getting a tan as we hunker down in our ballroom paint bunkers  ^_^

• Like 4

You can't check in, but hanging out in the lobby is free! ::D:

I don't have a ride from DFW to the hotel arranged. I'll probably wind up taking a cab.

Actually they were nice last year & we were able to check in earlier then 3. NomadZeke, if you can get a earlier ride, then by all means take the offer!

Honestly, if you wanted to come up later then 8 itd be fine, if that's the case I just need to let him know I found other arrangements

I will need to try and verify how crazy Wed will be since I am out the next two days.  To do that trip and head back for anything here at the office I am calculating about 2 hours of being gone time. ~45 to get to the airport from Allen.  Not very far to the hotel from airport but then another 30 or so back.  It would be nice if the wife let me use the new car to do it...I could get some driving time in it. :)  I will try and find out later today once I can get a meeting with the guy managing the account for this client.  If he is not worried about me being away so long then we can discuss.

In regards to check in, normally if your room or another is available early you can check in early. I called on Saturday and let them know that I was coming in early. The very nice lady on the phone made note of it so housekeeping could have my room done sooner.

• Like 2