So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

Ahhhh, now the nerves set in.... what if I miss a connection? What if my luggage dosent make it? What if the resin doesn't harden? What if people find me unimaginative and boring?

Nothing like panicking for the fun of it

Oh well if nothing else I can hide in the bone yard... all said and done I have 10# of metal collected.

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 6

Minis are packed... hopefully they won't fight in those boxes, especially the overly elaborate crate. There's a baby with a Frost Wyrm in there... Art box should be in tomorrow then I'll decide what tools to bring. Road trips used to be much easier! Sheesh!

• Like 6
  • Artists

I am a nervous traveller. I hate packing, I hate feeling like I'm forgetting something, or I'm going to be late, or something dire is going to happen. (I'm pretty much fine once I'm past security, so it's not about the plane or flying or whatever, it's all about the prep and timing.) I am currently sore, cranky, and freaking out. And reminding myself that I keep doing it because I have a terrific time at the convention and it's wonderful to geek out about miniatures for four days with like-minded people. I promise, it's worth it!

• Like 5

We rarely see tornadoes in this part of Texas...except that one time when....

But really...I am scared to death of my own shadow so yeah any time we have bad weather I am on the edge of my seat wondering if this is the big one.

Oh and I am glad that I am local because seeing everyone talk about all they are needing to do just makes me feel that much better.  Now that I have said this I will show up and forget something I wanted to bring.

• Like 2

FireElemental is still painting, and I'm putting off some last-minute paint stripping. Now it's time for the once-per-trip stress of "how can I squeeze the laptop into my baggage this time?" I love this thing being 17 inches big, until I need to get it through the TSA line anyway.

See (most of) you all at the meet and greet!

• Like 1

Can't sleep, must sleep. O_O stressed about getting through the TSA again. Cali TSA were super nice. Georgia TSA, blergh!!!!!

Edit: figured it out. Its anxiety. O_O been a while dear old friend. I wondered where the nausea, jitters and insomnia came from. >_<

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 4

I'm a very minimalist packer over all.  I still have space in my suit case and my carry-on is only half full.  I know the feeling of forgetting something, mostly cause I always do.  Well my plane depart in less than 12 hours and I cant sleep either.  Well I hope those who are traveling like me tommorow have a safe and uneventful trip out to the con.  Have to log off reading this forum is not helping me get to sleep.

• Like 5

Yeah.. I hate the day before a trip. Nonstop packing/worrying about what I missed, neurotically going over everything and trying and failing to sleep. It doesn't help that I did a number on my knees last weekend and damn do they ache.

However my bag is packed. I managed to fit all the paint and basing materials into one checked bag and not have it be overweight. I got all my flats properly framed, and I picked up the 1/2400 scale ships i needed for my iron painter diotama. The rest of the minis and the lamps went south by car with Eastman yesterday. I'd have sent the suitcase worth of supplies (I can't believe I have a frigging suitcase worth of supplies) with him ad well, but I kinda needed it for finishing things the last couple of days. All in all though if I can actually get some sleep I should be good to go for tomorrow.

• Like 4